Damian Coleman = Dwight Stewart, but better | Syracusefan.com

Damian Coleman = Dwight Stewart, but better

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
Anyone remember him from the 94 Arkansas team?

DC2 reminds me of him in body type and skill set, but with a better handle and shot. Love the fact that we're getting a big, powerful man to put in the low block.

Who is Damian Coleman? Are we recruiting him?

I must be psychic, I saw that coming before I opened the thread. Or maybe some things here are just tooooo predictable? :cool:

No way and I hope not. Stewart was a big, fat guy who stuck around the perimeter and launched 3's. He didn't rebound that much and never utilized his size. He also wasn't much of a scorer outside of hitting jumpers. He was a rich man's Elvir Ovcina.

Alot of Colemas game will depend on him developing a second gear. The guy has muscles the size of treetrunks and a nice dribble. If he ever finds a speed burst look out.

The guy has strong well defined muscles. Well defined muscles can be a better quality then weight in physical sports. They go a long way.

Anyone remember him from the 94 Arkansas team?

DC2 reminds me of him in body type and skill set, but with a better handle and shot. Love the fact that we're getting a big, powerful man to put in the low block.

If he's better he doesn't 'equal' Dwight Stewart. Most of us are thinking in terms of more recent and famous players like Jared Sullinger, DuJuan Blair, Zach Randolph, maybe Mike Sweetney, Sean May, Carlos Boozer or Elton Brand. I remember Etan Thomas, who wasn't exactly Bill Celuck, trying to muscle Elton Brand and he looked like a cowboy on top of a brahama bull.

Poor comparison. DC will not have a better shot. But... all Stewart did was take 3's and at a decent rate. DC will do everything else much better than Stewart. No comparison between the skillset of the two -- comparison ends at both being a bit chunky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom