Dan Dakich is terrible | Syracusefan.com

Dan Dakich is terrible

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
He’s like a paid troll behind a mic and in front of the tv. He’s biased towards certain teams and doesn’t really provide any insight i can respect or appreciate in the games he’s unfortunately announcing.

I agree, I wrote the powers at ESPN and told them they should get rid of him. They responded with "Find us another dude whose name rhymes with 'jock itch' and we will replace him, but until then, we just think it is as funny as hell."

He used to be at SU all the time while dating his wife the former Leigh Ross, who was the women’s softball coach here. She quit about 2 years ago when she married and moved with him to Indiana.

He’s like a paid troll behind a mic and in front of the tv. He’s biased towards certain teams and doesn’t really provide any insight i can respect or appreciate in the games he’s unfortunately announcing.

The lack of professionalism behind the mic is truly stunning.

His radio show in Indy is great. His broadcasting/commentary has sort of slipped the last few years. I think he forgets that he isn’t doing a radio show on these TV gigs. I like him but he needs to shape up on these TV gigs.

Yet everyone loves Walton.
Exactly. Sure he goes off with his H0T Takes but he knows the game inside and out and in terms of what's going on in the game (i.e., bad reffing, bad coaching, bad playing) calls it exactly how it is...
maybe it's not saying much but right now I'd say he's the best college hoops color guy, and yeah that includes Bilas

Exactly. Sure he goes off with his H0T Takes but he knows the game inside and out and in terms of what's going on in the game (i.e., bad reffing, bad coaching, bad playing) calls it exactly how it is...
maybe it's not saying much but right now I'd say he's the best college hoops color guy, and yeah that includes Bilas

Throw in Fran too who knows the high school scene as well. Really like him and he just tells it like it is on TV. He gets a bit more opinionated on Twitter but Fran knows his stuff.

You talkin bout Bill, right? If so, I agree.

Sacrilege! Bilas vs Dakich? Sorry, no contest. Dakich isn’t bad, but Bilas wins by a million miles. Raftery is and always will be my favorite, but he’s stuck on FS1. I like color guys who know the game but also have personality. Bilas, MacDonagh, and Raf for is still the best CBB announcer crew of recent times. Matt Roe is actually doing a decent color job on the Cuse games on the crappy ACC network. Much better than Bouie last season—that was painful.

His radio show in Indy is great. His broadcasting/commentary has sort of slipped the last few years. I think he forgets that he isn’t doing a radio show on these TV gigs. I like him but he needs to shape up on these TV gigs.

Yes, I was listening to his radio show/podcast during the fbi investigation. He shared a lot of inside stuff that needed to be said. He even named names. I tune out when he goes off on one of his right-wing rants but but I appreciate the experience he has to offer on college bball.

Throw in Fran too who knows the high school scene as well. Really like him and he just tells it like it is on TV. He gets a bit more opinionated on Twitter but Fran knows his stuff.

Hmmm...don't like Fran at all. A lot of "now what I would do is..." and "Kentucky..bla bla...kentucky.." "Calipari...bla bla"

Sacrilege! Bilas vs Dakich? Sorry, no contest. Dakich isn’t bad, but Bilas wins by a million miles. Raftery is and always will be my favorite, but he’s stuck on FS1. I like color guys who know the game but also have personality. Bilas, MacDonagh, and Raf for is still the best CBB announcer crew of recent times. Matt Roe is actually doing a decent color job on the Cuse games on the crappy ACC network. Much better than Bouie last season—that was painful.

Matt Roe is terrible and only looks good because you are comparing him to Rosie, who was so bad he made me want to turn the volume off.

Last edited:
Mat Roe is God awful. He brings absolutely 0 excitement to the game. Just bad. Don't get me started on Rosie.

How difficult really is it to find someone half decent? There is a LOT of talent out there.

How difficult really is it to find someone half decent? There is a LOT of talent out there.
The problem is there is NOT a lot of talent among former players and coaches.

As with most things in life, being a good color or PBP guy takes work.
Even when they know the game and issues so well.
The 3 P's: Practice, Preparation and Personality.
Then more practice.

But it seems VERY few ex players and coaches put in the time.
They just show up and talk.
Usually waaaay too much.
Very few know the art of shutting up and letting the game speak for itself on TV.

Matt Roe is terrible and only looks good because you are comparing him to Rosie who made me want to turn the volume off.
rosie belongs on the SU bench. be nice to have a BIG MAN coach who actually played the post.

rosie belongs on the SU bench. be nice to have a BIG MAN coach who actually played the post.

Actually whoever is coaching our big men this year is doing a very good job so far. Proving that you don't need to be tall, to teach someone how to play the post.

Actually whoever is coaching our big men this year is doing a very good job so far. Proving that you don't need to be tall, to teach someone how to play the post.
we'll talk this over again when the competition gets real. theory and experience are two different dogs.

I don't mind Dakich, I think he brings a lot to the table, he has a little bit of a hard on for Michigan, but his son was on the team.

I like Dan I think he's great.He is good with perspective and predicting what's going to happen!

Living in Indy, I have started listening to him ...I agree I was never a fan but his Indy radio show is pretty solid, he tells it like it is, you should of heard him during the Adidas scandal breaking...