Dan Mullen? | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen?

seanmac1844

Scout Team
Just throwing it against the wall to see if it sticks. He is from New England and has to see the writing on the wall in the tough SEC west. Ole Miss has a new coach and is winning almost every recruiting battle against him. He is looking at the strong probability of finding himself at the bottom of the league again. I think he would be willing to listen if TGD came at him with a serious offer.

Just throwing it against the wall to see if it sticks. He is from New England and has to see the writing on the wall in the tough SEC west. Ole Miss has a new coach and is winning almost every recruiting battle against him. He is looking at the strong probability of finding himself at the bottom of the league again. I think he would be willing to listen if TGD came at him with a serious offer.

Mullen and Golden are the Tubbs of this scenario.

Ole Miss is buying every player they can, Starkvegas is destined to be 6th out of six regardless of how hard he works.

Call him naive, but Golden didn't sign up for the shitstorm that is going to hit.

They would both cost 2.25 a year, but no harm in trying. Each would be a home run.

If we get Golden, I won't even remember who our last coach was I'd be so excited.

No doubt, Mullen is in a harsh environment at Mississippi State. Texas A&M coming in only added one more better program in the SEC West for them to have to get by.

He would a total home run hire for Syracuse. It couldn't hurt to ask him.

No doubt, Mullen is in a harsh environment at Mississippi State. Texas A&M coming in only added one more better program in the SEC West for them to have to get by.

He would a total home run hire for Syracuse. It couldn't hurt to ask him.

Ole miss is writing checks that they can't keep cashing. One way or another it's going to catch up, but MSU is going to get crushed in the meantime, and there is nothing they can do about it.

I think Mullen would have been a great hire last time around. I have to feel that the facilities andq support he gets for football is much greater at msu and that alone will make it a better job, regardless of whether you get the tar beat out of your team by Lsu and Alabama etc every year

The thing is that State fans have an unrealistic feeling that they should be able to compete with those teams at the top of the SEC west. Not going to happen. He is already feeling heat down here. Now that Freeze has beat him in the Egg Bowl and is beating him in recruiting, Starkville is going to look even worse than it actually is ( and that's saying a lot).

The thing is that State fans have an unrealistic feeling that they should be able to compete with those teams at the top of the SEC west. Not going to happen. He is already feeling heat down here. Now that Freeze has beat him in the Egg Bowl and is beating him in recruiting, Starkville is going to look even worse than it actually is ( and that's saying a lot).

At the end of the day he has a better chance of doing well here than there, and that leaves him open for ND or UF in 3 to 5.

Ole miss is writing checks that they can't keep cashing. One way or another it's going to catch up, but MSU is going to get crushed in the meantime, and there is nothing they can do about it.

If they can beat Ole Miss, and, finish 7-5 or better, their fans will be happy.

I think Mullen would have been a great hire last time around. I have to feel that the facilities andq support he gets for football is much greater at msu and that alone will make it a better job, regardless of whether you get the tar beat out of your team by Lsu and Alabama etc every year

At some point, he is going to want to win, rather than just cash big checks. LSU, Texas A&M, and, Alabama are going to be automatic losses for MSU most seasons. With no hope of winn ing the SEC West, he might decide enough is enough at some point.

I find it very hard to believe that mullen or even golden will come here. Too many negatives here in comparison to miami and miss.st but we will be in the ACC next year so that should help us finding a coach. If cincinati can get tuberville he somewhat a big name still in the big east then we should be ok...i hope

Correct.

I have said this in another post. Miss St is a clear and distant #2 school and #2 football program in a small state, that also is in the division with Bama, LSU, Arkansas, and A&M. The ceiling at Miss St has been reached and will not be retained. Even if Mullen's dream job is an SEC school with a 90, 000 seat stadium, he must leave MSU to get there - leave before he starts having losing teams.

Syracuse would be a good move, because he is a northeastern native and because it is now in the ACC, allowing him to use all the southeastern ties he has built.

But will Syracuse pay enough to get him to bite? Will the Cincy example make Cuse officials rethink how and what they will spend?

Do you know any State fans? That statement is not correct.

Yes, I do. Neighbor right down the street is a MSU fan. Those are his sentiments. Of course he wants them to win the SEC at some point, but, he is also realistic about their situation in that division at the present time.

Yes, I do. Neighbor right down the street is a MSU fan. Those are his sentiments. Of course he wants them to win the SEC at some point, but, he is also realistic about their situation in that division at the present time.
He is one of the few. Kudos to him. I have lived in Memphis for almost two years and I have friends that are State fans. A vast majority of them have delusions of grandeur. As I said before, Mullen is already feeling heat. And that whole beating Ole Miss thing that has been a given the last couple of years is quickly going bye bye.

Most Miss St fans are realistic. But they are realistic like Auburn fans. Tommy Tuberville beat Bama 5 years in a row. The first year he lost to the Tide, the talk started about a new Auburn coach. The next year, Tuberville was fired.

Miss St fans love nothing better than beating Ole Miss. This year Ole Miss won. A loss to Ole Miss next year will get Miss St boosters talking about how Mullen's day has passed and Freeze is going to own them, and so they need a new HC. A 3rd loss in a row will get Mullen fired.

And make no mistake about it: Hugh Freeze is going to revive Ole Miss. Mullen would be stupid to remain in Starkville more than another year.

I would love Mullen. The NCAA investigation of Miss St may give Syracuse second thoughts but I'm sure he would listen to what Syracuse has to offer.

At the end of the day he has a better chance of doing well here than there, and that leaves him open for ND or UF in 3 to 5.

If UF has the real deal with Will Muschamp, then, he won't sniff that job. Same with ND and Brian Kelly.

If UF has the real deal with Will Muschamp, then, he won't sniff that job. Same with ND and Brian Kelly.

And none of that makes staying in Starkville a good idea. Starkville is a dead end. The only way it makes sense to stay there with a halfway decent offer from another team in a Major conference is if Ole Miss is down. Ole Miss is about to get back toward the top, and that guarantees that the HC at Miss St is going to become hated by his fan base.

He is one of the few. Kudos to him. I have lived in Memphis for almost two years and I have friends that are State fans. A vast majority of them have delusions of grandeur. As I said before, Mullen is already feeling heat. And that whole beating Ole Miss thing that has been a given the last couple of years is quickly going bye bye.

Mullen had best beat Ole Miss this fall, or, he'll be out, IMHO.

Odds are that one or both or those jobs open up in the next three years.

From the interwebs:
Mississippi State: Dan Mullen's contract will be extended one year (to a 4 year deal) per Brandon Marcello with the Clarion Ledger. Mullen makes about $2.6 million per year.

Yeah why not he's worth being on the list and going after and it looks great for us if he leaves Miss St.

Shame we probably don't have the dollars to make this a possibility.

Most Miss St fans are realistic. But they are realistic like Auburn fans. Tommy Tuberville beat Bama 5 years in a row. The first year he lost to the Tide, the talk started about a new Auburn coach. The next year, Tuberville was fired.

Miss St fans love nothing better than beating Ole Miss. This year Ole Miss won. A loss to Ole Miss next year will get Miss St boosters talking about how Mullen's day has passed and Freeze is going to own them, and so they need a new HC. A 3rd loss in a row will get Mullen fired.

And make no mistake about it: Hugh Freeze is going to revive Ole Miss. Mullen would be stupid to remain in Starkville more than another year.

I would not say Ole Miss is going to be revived for sure. The first time Freeze struggles, he will get the David Cutcliffe-treatment.

And none of that makes staying in Starkville a good idea. Starkville is a dead end. The only way it makes sense to stay there with a halfway decent offer from another team in a Major conference is if Ole Miss is down. Ole Miss is about to get back toward the top, and that guarantees that the HC at Miss St is going to become hated by his fan base.

I won't write Mullen off just yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom