Dang, if only "his" underrated man to man... | Syracusefan.com

Dang, if only "his" underrated man to man...

I'm pretty sure Dave glanced at the rosters for about 30 seconds before the game as his total preparation.

I'm not sure Dave realized this was an ACC game. I think that's why the other guy kept mentioning the ACC every 83 seconds just to cue him in, because Odom thought they were doing a Big East game. He may be senile.

That commentator was just terrible. I usually don't care at all
But he was so bad.

Yeah - same here. Im not 1 to complain about announcing - he was awful.Was that really dave odom?

How hilarious would it be in some reporter in the post game presser made mention of Odom's continued comments? Hey coach, Dave Odom mentioned during the broadcast that your man to man D is very underrated, just curious with that being the case, why you didn't play any today, not even a smidgen? ;):)

Neither seemed to notice that Battle was on the bench for most of the second half. It was the story of the game in my opinion and they completely missed it.

This is a very profound comment. What makes this even worse was he was the guy who won the previous game with a last second shot. You would think they would at least thought about it towards the end of the Pitt game. Gee, where's the guy who won the last game?????

D could've just stepped it up a tad bit more down the stretch for Jimmy. ;):rolleyes:

The announcers for our ACC games are absolutely the worst. They don't know our players. They just don't care. Answering why Battle wasn't playing is huge. The ACC announcers are garbage. Pure garbage comments with no insights.

The bad announcing was a perfect match to the terrible production of the game. Started with missing the first opening tap, followed with way to many shots from their terrible sideline level cameras and lots of shots of coaches or individual players when game action is going on.

amateurs.

I'm not sure Dave realized this was an ACC game. I think that's why the other guy kept mentioning the ACC every 83 seconds just to cue him in, because Odom thought they were doing a Big East game. He may be senile.

I'm not sure if he even knew what year it was.

The announcers for our ACC games are absolutely the worst. They don't know our players. They just don't care. Answering why Battle wasn't playing is huge. The ACC announcers are garbage. Pure garbage comments with no insights.

shows you how little Swofford values Syracuse.

The bad announcing was a perfect match to the terrible production of the game. Started with missing the first opening tap, followed with way to many shots from their terrible sideline level cameras and lots of shots of coaches or individual players when game action is going on.
amateurs.
It felt like "bring your kid to work and let him produce a telecast" day. The incessant sideline views were maddening. Stop over thinking the production.

In addition to the "man to man" talk, I also particularly enjoyed him calling people "free throwers" - as in, "he's a pretty good free thrower" - and at one point says about someone (sorry can't remember) "he's just under 70% as a free thrower"(while the graphic on the screen said 77% or something.

In addition to the "man to man" talk, I also particularly enjoyed him calling people "free throwers" - as in, "he's a pretty good free thrower" - and at one point says about someone (sorry can't remember) "he's just under 70% as a free thrower"(while the graphic on the screen said 77% or something.

I noticed that as well. One of the worst broadcasts I have ever seen. I'm sure any one of us on this board could do a better job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom