Daquan Jones | Syracusefan.com

Daquan Jones

Consigliere

Co 2020 Cali Award Winner, Record Thru 5 Games
Was s BEAST today. May have been the best player on the field. Nice to see a Southern Tier kid show well. Just wish it would have been for the good guys.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I still think Nick Robinson will be a good player for us but he was overmatched today.

I still think Nick Robinson will be a good player for us but he was overmatched today.
He reminded me of Macky today in his first start. Macky matched up against Whitaker kid from Wake Forest and got smoked. Turned out he has done that to a lot of centers since then. Robinson might end being pretty good, hopefully people won't judge him on one game for a whole season.

Daquan Jones is a good all around athlete and just a naturally strong, quick kid. The SU interior line won't face too many athletes of his caliber this season. He's a stud. Just wish he'd have picked Orange too. At the time we recruited Jones, the Orange had a couple of kids from literally just down George F Highway (Route 17C) who did play for SU. One now plays for the Pats, the other for the Ravens, so I'd still say we made out OK.

Jones and Bromley were the best lineman on the field, offensive or defensive. They lived in the backfield and were constantly disrupting running plays. It was great to see Bromley lay well. But you are right, Jones was on another level.

He reminded me of Macky today in his first start. Macky matched up against Whitaker kid from Wake Forest and got smoked. Turned out he has done that to a lot of centers since then. Robinson might end being pretty good, hopefully people won't judge him on one game for a whole season.

Great learning experience and having a quality DL guy to battle will just push young Robinson to get better so this doesn't happen again. Nothing like learning like this.

Daquan Jones is a good all around athlete and just a naturally strong, quick kid. The SU interior line won't face too many athletes of his caliber this season. He's a stud. Just wish he'd have picked Orange too. At the time we recruited Jones, the Orange had a couple of kids from literally just down George F Highway (Route 17C) who did play for SU. One now plays for the Pats, the other for the Ravens, so I'd still say we made out OK.

Are they any relation?

Jones' dad played with Maronne at some point and he wanted him badly at SU, but had no interest.

Jones and Bromley were the best lineman on the field, offensive or defensive. They lived in the backfield and were constantly disrupting running plays. It was great to see Bromley lay well. But you are right, Jones was on another level.

I'd say Welsh played pretty well too.

I'd say Welsh played pretty well too.

He did, but I dont think that he was better than Bromley. Welsh was definitely a high motor player. He was quite surprising yesterday, makes me feel much better about the state of the DE position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom