Darn you, Oregon. Why couldn't you make a free throw? | Syracusefan.com

Darn you, Oregon. Why couldn't you make a free throw?

Oregon is going to wish they finished this one off in a couple of weeks. It was their game.

that was a HUGE choke by Oregon - they did almost nothing right over the last 3 mins of game time

it was really annoying - I knew I didn't like that program :cool:

Zona looked like Pitt out there tonight. Just nothing but Johnson really on offense. They are going to struggle to stay top 10 if they play like that the rest of league play.

Zona looked like Pitt out there tonight. Just nothing but Johnson really on offense. They are going to struggle to stay top 10 if they play like that the rest of league play.

Without Ashley, they probably aren't a top 10 team. Just a huge loss for them.

Arizona tried its best to lose that game but Oregon just tried a little harder. That was probably the worst final 90 sec of basketball I've ever seen from a team.
After AZ took the lead back and Young came down and jacked up a three with 32 seconds on the shot clock and over a minute to go in the game, I knew it was over. That was such a horrible sequence for Oregon when they should have been protecting their slight lead. Instead they basically handed the ball to AZ for three straight empty possessions.

For the better part of the second half, Oregon was attacking the basket and scoring at will. Then they decide to milk the clock and end up with some terrible possessions at the end of the game. I'll never understand this philosophy. You're on the road, have the # 2 team in the country on the ropes, basically playing with house money, and you decide to go conservative? And why not call the timeout when you have the ball with 4 seconds on the shot clock and the opportunity to put Zona in a really tough spot with a basket? As poor as the FT shooting was at the end, the coaching may have been worse.

After AZ took the lead back and Young came down and jacked up a three with 32 seconds on the shot clock and over a minute to go in the game, I knew it was over. That was such a horrible sequence for Oregon when they should have been protecting their slight lead. Instead they basically handed the ball to AZ for three straight empty possessions.

Thought the same exact thing when it happened.

I didn't have a change to see Arizona play before last nights game but man do they look soft. I don't know if they were a totally different team with Ashley but I was no impressed.

Arizona is still solid 1-5 with Jefferson in the starting lineup but Ashley was their best offensive frontcourt player. They also dont have much of a bench at all now with Jefferson being in the starting lineup instead of a "super sub".

I don't see any way they could hang with us if we match up in the tourney. They might be able to grab some rebounds but with only 2 shooters, who arent really that good of shooters, they wont be able to stretch our zone. Jefferson is pretty good but will have a tough time finishing against our length while Gordon and Tarczewski would have to put up big numbers to stay with us.

Teams are built the same with above average to elite talent at each position and good defenses but i'll take our starting 5 over theirs, as well as our bench (even if its just Keita, G and half a Roberson.)

I didn't have a change to see Arizona play before last nights game but man do they look soft. I don't know if they were a totally different team with Ashley but I was no impressed.

The Ashley loss could be huge, but to be fair to them, we've had a few games where we haven't looked great, so if that was the only game you had seen of us, you might not be that impressed.

That being said, they really need Gordon to step up I think. I don't want to draw too much from a game or two without Ashley, but they look to be at a level below where they were with him. Gordon theoretically has the potential to fill that void and be a real difference maker, but from what I have seen, he isn't there yet.

The Ashley loss could be huge, but to be fair to them, we've had a few games where we haven't looked great, so if that was the only game you had seen of us, you might not be that impressed.

That being said, they really need Gordon to step up I think. I don't want to draw too much from a game or two without Ashley, but they look to be at a level below where they were with him. Gordon theoretically has the potential to fill that void and be a real difference maker, but from what I have seen, he isn't there yet.
They were playing close games before Ashley got hurt. They were pretty much as impressive/not impressive as we are, but without Ashley, I dont think they have enough firepower to hang with us or any of the other Top 10 teams.

aaron gordon is not a good offensive player

Yeah and the FT shooting is just brutal.

I think Arizona might still be a top 10 ish team. But I'd like to see them play some more before I say that. With or without Ashley, I doubt the starting back court goes 7-23 every time out

Arizona tried to give that game to Oregon every way possible and Oregon refused to take. Oregon was good for 36 minutes and terrible the last 4. Bad shot selection, missed FT's, dumb turnovers. Really frustrating.

All night, Zona was missing free throws. Then, at the end, Oregon could not make one. Ouch.

"Darn" is pretty strong language. Please keep it clean.

Who cares - Zona is #2 ??? We are #1. We will stay #1 until we lose then most likely we will fall one or two places. If Zona isn't #2 then it will be somebody else. Key thing is that we 100% control our own destiny. Most likely all of the top teams will take 1 or 2 dings before the season is over. If we take two dings or less & then win the ACC Tourney we would almost certainly get the #1 overall seed. If we don't win the ACC tourney then we are unlikely to get an overall #1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom