Darryl Watkins double double | Syracusefan.com

Darryl Watkins double double

I wish there were more people playing and more teams trying... this last week of the season was basically the summer league.

Nice way to end the season from Watkins had 13 points 10 boards in 42 minutes.
Nice. I hope he ends up with a long and prosperous NBA career. he and Roberts used to cause me to constantly pull my hair out when watching them play for SU.

Nice. I hope he ends up with a long and prosperous NBA career. he and Roberts used to cause me to constantly pull my hair out when watching them play for SU.

Most Cuse fans go bald after two or three seasons..

I wish there were more people playing and more teams trying... this last week of the season was basically the summer league.

Yeah you pretty much can't take anything from this week seriously.

Yeah you pretty much can't take anything from this week seriously.
As a guy that is somewhat becoming a Jazz fan I am not amused by the way the Warriors mailed it in to try to preserve their lotto pick, and I take that somewhat seriously.

As a guy that is somewhat becoming a Jazz fan I am not amused by the way the Warriors mailed it in to try to preserve their lotto pick, and I take that somewhat seriously.

Yeah that was really shady. They started 5 rookies last night!

It will be sweet, sweet justice if they land at 8 and lose the pick to the Jazz, who should have been terrible but really settled in as a fun team to root for that can win a little bit.

This is a period of experimentation, as Knicks pointed out. Many teams, especially non-playoff teams (like the Hornets and Trailblazers) are trying to get their bench guys some PT. I've seen this recently with the wild rotations tried by the Knicks -- it's building depth for the future in games that do not have critical playoff implications. Fortunately, in the Hornets/Blazers games, both SU guys performed well in losses (DW with 13/10/3 stl; Flynn with 18/11).

Unfortunately, not everyone understands this process. Yahoo sports, for example, was quick to criticize the Blazers for "tanking" the team b/c the coaches had the gaul to play Flynn and Smith (this article was written about an earlier home game on the 18th) Link: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/portla...l-home-game-disappointing-150700590--nba.html

Note that the article admits that Aldridge was out, but failed to mention injuries to Crawford, Thabeet, etc.. Basically, this means that they had no choice but to play the bench anyway.

Where are they getting these writers from Yahoo?

This is a period of experimentation, as Knicks pointed out. Many teams, especially non-playoff teams (like the Hornets and Trailblazers) are trying to get their bench guys some PT. I've seen this recently with the wild rotations tried by the Knicks -- it's building depth for the future in games that do not have critical playoff implications. Fortunately, in the Hornets/Blazers games, both SU guys performed well in losses (DW with 13/10/3 stl; Flynn with 18/11).

Unfortunately, not everyone understands this process. Yahoo sports, for example, was quick to criticize the Blazers for "tanking" the team b/c the coaches had the gaul to play Flynn and Smith (this article was written about an earlier home game on the 18th) Link: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/portla...l-home-game-disappointing-150700590--nba.html

Note that the article admits that Aldridge was out, but failed to mention injuries to Crawford, Thabeet, etc.. Basically, this means that they had no choice but to play the bench anyway.

Where are they getting these writers from Yahoo?
But really, the Warriors tanked.

If anyone puts stock in the final 3 games of this regular season...they likely won't have a job in the NBA very long

Is that one more double-double than he had in four years at the Cuse ???

but even that is better than what the Spurs did - Popovich put Parker, Ginobli and Duncan on a plane back to San Antonio . . . and he went with them! An assistant coach led the scrubs through a glorified scrimmage against a tanking Warriors squad. Anyone who paid full price for a ticket to that game got jobbed.

but even that is better than what the Spurs did - Popovich put Parker, Ginobli and Duncan on a plane back to San Antonio . . . and he went with them! An assistant coach led the scrubs through a glorified scrimmage against a tanking Warriors squad. Anyone who paid full price for a ticket to that game got jobbed.

Haha, I didn't know that part.

But in the case of this season, that's on the NBA and the players for being so greedy. You're 100% right that people who paid to go to those games should be real pissed.

Yeah. The Warriors tanked.

One of us is missing something here.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

They did tank, as was pointed out above, b/c they wanted to develop the bench/younger players.
But my post was about Flynn's and Watkins games (Blazers and Hornets).

Yes, I'm sure Portland and other teams are very concerned about developing players who mostly won't be on their roster next year.

They did tank, as was pointed out above, b/c they wanted to develop the bench/younger players.
But my post was about Flynn's and Watkins games (Blazers and Hornets).
The Warriors didn't tank to develop their players. They tanked in an attempt to keep their draft pick.

It was Tim Duncan's birthday! I think they went back to San Antonio to party if they really went to San Antonio... I think it is kind of cool but I see your point too!

The Warriors didn't tank to develop their players. They tanked in an attempt to keep their draft pick.

That may be true... I have no idea about what the Warriors goals were with that lineup. Obviously, other teams were playing younger guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom