dash riley | Syracusefan.com

dash riley

Jeez - Dash might be the only guy in North America that doesn't have an assist on Madonna...

Hey, he had 13 RBs and 5 Bks on Saturday. Let's see how he does against DC.

For a little perspective, against teams not named Madonna he's averaging 3 points, 6 boards and 2 blocks. I don't want to hate on the kid, but those are fairly pedestrian numbers, especially considering the competition.

kid just needed time. excellent skill set and good athlete.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2
No, he never would have been successful here. His total lack of aggression would have kept him on the bench behind Fab, Baye, Rak. Good for him succeeding at EMU, but it would not have happened at SU.

We don't miss that often on recruits but it appears the staff over estimated his abilities. After a year at SU, a redshirt season, and now two seasons at EMU against weaker competition, I would have expected more production.

Does anybody know what kind of numbers Sean Williams put up after he transferred?

He may stuff the stat sheet in a one on one against Madonna...but I'd like to see him pull some of those dirty stunts against Prince under the boards.

No, he never would have been successful here. His total lack of aggression would have kept him on the bench behind Fab, Baye, Rak. Good for him succeeding at EMU, but it would not have happened at SU.
IDK We have had centers get less rebounds than dead guys and they were ok

Does anybody know what kind of numbers Sean Williams put up after he transferred?
Not sure about points, blocks, and boards, but I know for a fact he has averaged 3.7 Cat Rescues and 2.3 face to face Giraffe Feedings per week.

I agree. Never understood why people are so rough on the kid. Didn't seem to be very intense, but he was a highly-skilled big man. Great passer, decent shooter. Smart kid, too. Always thought he could be Craig Forth with better ball skills (though maybe a bit softer). Not a bad player by any stretch.

Yeah, that was it. The knock on Riley in high school (when he was a Georgetown commit) was that he was lazy. I don't think that was the case - he's just passionless on the court. Either way, that wouldn't have earned him minutes here. But he's got talent.

The guy was ranked 5 stars until before his junior year. He dropped all the way to 3 stars before he signed. That's mindblowing for the services to change a ranking like that, it almost never happens, especially with the offers he had.

It was clear to see he wasn't a Power Conference talent.

Not sure about points, blocks, and boards, but I know for a fact he has averaged 3.7 Cat Rescues and 2.3 face to face Giraffe Feedings per week.
He was very civic minded. Took a job as a human hook and ladder fire truck. Saved the community a lot of money.

I agree with you. He had ability and was from all accounts a good kid and serious student who was a credit to the school. The problem he faced is that SU recruiting is at a level where someone like him wouldn't have gotten that many minutes. In a previous era, SU would have been able to give him more time to develop by letting him learn by playing.
Baye Keita is, to some extent, in a similar position. In prior years at SU or now if he was at another school, he would have much more playing time. That's very difficult with the frontcourt talent at SU. Keita, hower, has chosen to stay ay SU and hopefully this will turn out ot be a wise decision for him.

I agree with you. He had ability and was from all accounts a good kid and serious student who was a credit to the school. The problem he faced is that SU recruiting is at a level where someone like him wouldn't have gotten that many minutes. In a previous era, SU would have been able to give him more time to develop by letting him learn by playing.
Baye Keita is, to some extent, in a similar position. In prior years at SU or now if he was at another school, he would have much more playing time. That's very difficult with the frontcourt talent at SU. Keita, hower, has chosen to stay ay SU and hopefully this will turn out ot be a wise decision for him.
No, Baye's 10 times the player Dash will ever be. Baye was going to redshirt freshman year and was such an improvement over Dash in practice that even if Dash didn't get hurt, Baye was going to take his minutes. They are night and day aggressively as well. You would never see Dash run the court and swat someone from behind like Baye does. Same with their tenacity on the boards. If Baye had healthy wrists the last two years he would have been a rebounding machine.

No, Baye's 10 times the player Dash will ever be. Baye was going to redshirt freshman year and was such an improvement over Dash in practice that even if Dash didn't get hurt, Baye was going to take his minutes. They are night and day aggressively as well. You would never see Dash run the court and swat someone from behind like Baye does. Same with their tenacity on the boards. If Baye had healthy wrists the last two years he would have been a rebounding machine.
Have always liked Baye and like you said if not for the bum wrists...He's a chemistry guy who is a team player and gives you full out hustle when he's in there. The coaching staff loves him and I think he begot Obokoh who I think has many of the same character strengths and work ethic that Baye has.