Dave Pasch & Bill Walton... | Syracusefan.com

Dave Pasch & Bill Walton...

orangecuse

Hall of Fame
In my view, are fun to listen to and rather entertaining. Early in the second half, after Dorsey hit yet another 3 and was 6/6, Pasch remarked, "this is a total shellacking." Walton immediately quipped, "that's what makes this floor so smooth and so shinny...shellacking." I thought it was a hilarious response to a game that was completely out of hand, and considering the Duck's home court and its busyness. :)

In my view, are fun to listen to and rather entertaining. Early in the second half, after Dorsey hit yet another 3 and was 6/6, Pasch remarked, "this is a total shellacking." Walton immediately quipped, "that's what makes this floor so smooth and so shinny...shellacking." I thought it was a hilarious response to a game that was completely out of hand, and considering the Duck's home court and its busyness. :)

Walton is pure class. He may not be for everyone, but I love what he brings to a broadcast. So entertaining.

Love the look on Walton's face when he got hit with that talcum powder the fans let loose. Whatever that was about. Thought he was going to let loose an F bomb but he stifled it.

Bill Walton should call curling matches. Or the lumberjack games. Or the Highland Games. Really, any sporting event that could benefit from Bill's special brand of crazy. Who wouldn't want to watch a stoned to the gills Walton do commentary for the wife carrying championships or a cheese rolling competition? Toss in a drunk Anthony Bourdain and make it a travel/sports show. Call it something like the "Wide World of Walton" or "A violation of all the basic rules of human decency." I would watch.

Bill Walton should call curling matches. Or the lumberjack games. Or the Highland Games. Really, any sporting event that could benefit from Bill's special brand of crazy. Who wouldn't want to watch a stoned to the gills Walton do commentary for the wife carrying championships or a cheese rolling competition? Toss in a drunk Anthony Bourdain and make it a travel/sports show. Call it something like the "Wide World of Walton" or "A violation of all the basic rules of human decency." I would watch.

Good call. Yeah, Bourdain would be an asset for sure to any show!

I listened to some of today. Walton was more on topic than other times I've heard him. I know there is a theatre to it where Walton wanders off into an LCD fueled story and then Pasch is supposed to be the voice of reason. Sort of good cop, crazy cop. But today I found some of Pasch's return-to-reality quips to be a little mean or trying too hard to show that yes-we-know-Bill-is -nuts-and-it'll-be-our-secret-from-him... mean spirited.

I listened to some of today. Walton was more on topic than other times I've heard him. I know there is a theatre to it where Walton wanders off into an LCD fueled story and then Pasch is supposed to be the voice of reason. Sort of good cop, crazy cop. But today I found some of Pasch's return-to-reality quips to be a little mean or trying too hard to show that yes-we-know-Bill-is -nuts-and-it'll-be-our-secret-from-him... mean spirited.
I I did LCD once, but I forget the time.

This is my shoutout to OrangeXtreme , who already gave Bill Walton a shoutout today! If you scroll down, I made sure to quote Walton multiple times.

[13]Oregon leading [5]Arizona 38-18, about to go to half... <---that's the original WALTON thread, click it!!!

If you understand the amazing lyrics to this song, I think it brilliantly describes Bill ****ing Walton. I will say it again, the man is a national treasure(he should be like Rodman, an embassor that reaches out to nations like north Korea instead of purposefully trying to isolate them with propaganda that ignorant Americans believe like they did Osama and Iraq. Walton could help world peace!!). Fueled by the same thing that formed the super bands Iommi and others were discussing earlier...this describes it (I know some of you will understand it this) :

Last edited:
Walton's irreverence for the game is refreshing. Too many people take sports too seriously.
(Too many people take EVERYTHING too seriously.)

It's simple. Walton loves life. And knows a lot about basketball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom