David Stern's worst nightmare | Syracusefan.com

David Stern's worst nightmare

Eric15

Living Legend
An Indiana/Memphis Finals. Two small market teams with absolutely zero star power.

Obviously this scenario is unlikely, but anything is possible.

If we truly believe that Stern fixes things...

Now that the Western Conference will be represented by a small market team, don't be surprised if the Knicks-Pacers series starts having some reffing shenanigans occur in the Knicks favor to encourage an Eastern Conference matchup ratings bonanza between the Heat and Knicks.

Are there people that think Stern doesn't fix things? Who are these people? Do they have eyes?

I knew what the punchline was going to be before I even opened the message. And it's true.

If that's the case the refs in the NY/Ind series haven't gotten the memo.

Exactly... I mean considering NY really owned MIA this year - wouldn't it make more sense to favor the Pacers to give Miami an easier path? If Miami is the clear golden child that is...

NY/MIA is a much hotter ticket than IND/MIA but its hard to know what Stern is thinking these days.

Well I'd think that David Stern's worst nightmare is actually needing something on the top shelf, but I see your point.

if Stern fixes things, then why didn't he take the opportunity to take Memphis out in the first round (in favor of large market/star driven Clippers) or SA in the second round (by large market GS with rising star Steph Curry?)

is he just incompetent? or maybe just maybe your tinfoil is wrapped too tight?

if Stern fixes things, then why didn't he take the opportunity to take Memphis out in the first round (in favor of large market/star driven Clippers) or SA in the second round (by large market GS with rising star Steph Curry?)

is he just incompetent? or maybe just maybe your tinfoil is wrapped too tight?

Hard to fix a series when one team simply outplays the other.(memphis-clips)

Well I'd think that David Stern's worst nightmare is actually needing something on the top shelf, but I see your point.

hey now i have that problem too..

An Indiana/Memphis Finals. Two small market teams with absolutely zero star power.

Obviously this scenario is unlikely, but anything is possible.

True, but the NBA signed a long-term TV deal so no biggee for this year. Ironically, it could feature the best pure basketball despite the lack of star appeal.