David Teel on Podcast: one of the reputable sports reporters says | Syracusefan.com

David Teel on Podcast: one of the reputable sports reporters says

arbitragegls

All Conference
Below is recent podcast with David giving his viewpoint on ACC and realignment. He is one of the better reporters insofar as everything ACC...and if we are to believe anyone...he is one of them. Some of the highlights include:

-Says the UVa has "no interest or contact" with the B1G
-The ACC is "actively" engaging in talks with the ESPN about an ACC Network
-The ACC expects at least $1 million more a team due to the addition of ND and Louisville
-ND is not likely to play 6 ACC games as rumored
-He believes Maryland is the exception, not the rule

The discussion with David starts around the 73 minute mark...enjoy and discuss!

http://louisvillesportslive.net/lsl-podcast-chip-cosby-mario-benavides-david-teel/

Thanks, Arb. I saw similar post on another board and they stated the same points. I was unable to listen to the podcast to verify. With your post and reputation, no need to do so now. Thanks again.

Thanks, Arb. I saw similar post on another board and they stated the same points. I was unable to listen to the podcast to verify. With your post and reputation, no need to do so now. Thanks again.

Which board?

So was the "rumor" that they would play 6 instead of and agreed-upon 5?
No just a rumor that they were considering...ESPN and the ACC would really like them to go to 6 games.

Below is recent podcast with David giving his viewpoint on ACC and realignment. He is one of the better reporters insofar as everything ACC...and if we are to believe anyone...he is one of them. Some of the highlights include:

-The ACC expects at least $1 million more a team due to the addition of ND and Louisville

http://louisvillesportslive.net/lsl-podcast-chip-cosby-mario-benavides-david-teel/

Do you think he's holding OU to the B1G close to the vest, or is he missing the boat?

Teel works for the Newport News, VA newspaper and is connected very well into UVA, VT, and UNC. He has also been working on some other ACC schools in North Carolina like Wake Forest. He's not connected at every ACC school, but definitely at these.

RE: ND to play 6 ACC games.

lets get them walking at 5, before we suggest they jog with 6...and eventually to start running with 8, in about 8 years.

Oh Lord

Teel works for the Newport News, VA newspaper and is connected very well into UVA, VT, and UNC. He has also been working on some other ACC schools in North Carolina like Wake Forest. He's not connected at every ACC school, but definitely at these.

I always think the best ACC info comes from the two Davids...Teel and Glenn.

The irony of this is that there is a thread over at the Rutgers R*vals site that has everyone convinced that UVA already has their application into the B1G and that FSU is next once they get AAU accreditation.

Oh, and someone added that there is a new rumor that Oklahoma is headed to the B1G with UVA, UNC and FSU.

hmmm...I wonder where he got that rumor from? :rolleyes::rolling:

The irony of this is that there is a thread over at the Rutgers R*vals site that has everyone convinced that UVA already has their application into the B1G and that FSU is next once they get AAU accreditation.

Oh, and someone added that there is a new rumor that Oklahoma is headed to the B1G with UVA, UNC and FSU.

hmmm...I wonder where he got that rumor from? :rolleyes::rolling:

From sources close to the Big Ten office obviously.

Sounds like we have confirmation.

If OU and one ACC team bolts to the B1G, don't be surprised if Texas, WVU and UConn join the ACC to make it 16 teams. UT wants nothing to do with the PAC 12 but I bet Ok State would jump in a heartbeat.

I always think the best ACC info comes from the two Davids...Teel and Glenn.

Both are good. David Glenn gets all the info out of tobacco road. I've also been impressed how much ACC info Marc Blaudschun gets. He must have some good contacts out of Boston College. And then he's connected somehow into the Big East as well.

If OU and one ACC team bolts to the B1G, don't be surprised if Texas, WVU and UConn join the ACC to make it 16 teams. UT wants nothing to do with the PAC 12 but I bet Ok State would jump in a heartbeat.

Why does everyone keep saying Texas to ACC? Doesn't make any sense why they'd join a conference so far from where there currently are. The closest team would be Louisville. Louisville to Austin is north of 1000 miles. Couple in the fact that the ACC is all about equal sharing and that will NEVER happen.

RE: ND to play 6 ACC games.

lets get them walking at 5, before we suggest they jog with 6...and eventually to start running with 8, in about 8 years.

Oh Lord

I agree with your point Kaiser. ND isn't just going to walk away from all their historical rivals, ala the way they did Michigan. Need to get them in at 5 games and start to establish a few rivalry games with conference foes, then expand the relationship. At this point, the ACC has to settle for what it can get. But once you have your foot in the door...