David Walker | Syracusefan.com

David Walker

JarHeadJim

I have never won sheet!
David Walker, Indianapolis Colts running backs coach -- Walker served as the running backs coach at Syracuse from 1995-2004, coaching six running backs who went on to play in the NFL. He then joined Dave Wannstedt's staff at Pittsburgh and has been the running backs coach for the Indianapolis Colts for the last two seasons. As a former Syracuse team captain, Walker would not need much time to win over the Orange fans. Walker ran for 2,643 yards in his career, leading the 1992 team to a 10-2 record with a Fiesta Bowl victory. Walker is a Rochester, N.Y., native and has been inducted into the Section V Hall of Fame for the New York State Public High School Athletic Association.

Would we have to wait until the colts are out of the playoffs to talk to him?

Pass. I'm done with alumni coming back to coach their alma mater.

Would we have to wait until the colts are out of the playoffs to talk to him?
if that's the case hopefully they go to the super bowl...unfortunately all they have to do is grant permission though.

this would be bad. very bad

I think David burned his bridges with SU at the time of the hiring of "He whose name shall not be mentioned"

Didn't the Saints allow Doug to talk to SU early? I thought Peyton said it was ok.

That rule only applies to the pro's not colleges, and the pro's wouldn't dare say anything because they have a free farm system in the colleges.

That rule only applies to the pro's not colleges, and the pro's wouldn't dare say anything because they have a free farm system in the colleges.
HELL NO! David walker is not the right guy for this job. I like bob diaco but really would like them to give jim tressell a shot

There's very few guys I am emphatic that I would not want-he's one of them.

I don't understand the Walker dislike...I realize he hasn't been a HC but he's got plenty of experience and knows the area. Is there a reason why some of you think he can't coach that I don't know about.

JHJ I'm gonna agree. I always liked walker as a player and when he was SU's RB coach. I understand some peoples reluctance because he's only been a position coach. I'd rather Walker than some of the silly names people are mentioning like Tressel or O'Leary. Personally I like the Butch Davis possibility.

This is why it's good to be the dictator like an AD over having a majority votes you in thing when it comes to hiring a new coach. I guess I'm not into the "Name you know thing".