Day 44 @ Crouse was Orange | Syracusefan.com

Day 44 @ Crouse was Orange

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Around noon in popped Baye, Hop & Katie.

Katie gave me a cloth 8 x 10 picture of Saturday's visitors with me, Rak, BJ, Tyler R, DC, Hop, Katie and signed.

Then she handed me a Baye autographed invitation to the "The Basket Ball"

We had a lot of laughs.

My son is a huge Baye fan and much too his surprise walked in while he was here.

Orange Onions saying is, "We are only going as far as BMK takes us."

I asked BMK how his knee is progressing and he said it's still sore, sprained MCL.

His parents are flying from Senegal to the USA for the first time for his graduation.

I asked how tall his parents are, his dad is 6-8 and a former boxer, his mom is 5-5.

He has a brother who is playing for a top DII team.

Rak called Hop and asked to talk with me. After the conversation Hop said the guys said they want to visit the sick more. Tyler R confided that it made him feel good to cheer up the sick.

After that visit Damien Rhodes stopped in. He just happens to work for the wound care company who's pump is on me 24/7.

Got a chance to congratulate him on the outstanding first year he had as head coach of Fayetteville-Manlius football.

Damien is a great guy with a good head on his shoulders. He does a wonerful job of breaking down Syracuse football when he's on WSTM with Niko Tamerian.

All in all a great 44th day here in the hospital.

Last edited:
Around noon in popped Baye, Hop & Katie.

Katie gave me a cloth 8 x 10 picture of my Saturday's visitors with me, Rak, BJ, Tyler R, DC, Hop, Katie and signed.

Then she handed me an Baye autographed invitation to the "The Basketball"

We had a lot of laughs.

My son is a huge Baye fan and much too his surprise walked in while he was here.

Orange Onions saying is, "We are only going as far as BMK takes us.

I asked BMK how his knee is progressing and he said it's still sore, sprained MCL.

His parents are flying from Senegal to the USA for the first time for his graduation.

I asked how tall his parents are, his dad is 6-8 and a former boxer, his mom is 5-5.

He has a brother who is playing for a top DII team.

Rak called Hop and asked to talk with me. After the conversation Hop said the guys said they want to visit the sick more. Tyler R confided that it made him feel good to cheer up the sick.

After that visit Damien Rhodes stopped in. He just happens to work for the wound care company who's pump is on me 24/7.

Got a chance to congratulate him on the outstanding first year he had as head coach of Fayetteville-Manlius football.

Damien is a great guy with a good head on his shoulders. He does a wonerful job of breaking down Syracuse football when he's on the WSTM with Niko Tamerian.

All in all a great 44th day here in the hospital.

Wow that is great day! That is truly awesome that the SU family is keeping in touch like that. I was also hooked up to one of those wound pumps when I was dealing with staph infection issues and the aftermath in 2009. That included a 60 day stint in the hospital for me. Sadly it looks like you might surpass that if you still have one or two surgeries ahead of you. I have to say my time was nothing compared to what you are going through. Basically most of mine was just chilling out laying on an air mattress because I couldn't sit in my wheelchair while the skin healed from my surgeries.

I so admire you positive attitude though. It's truly amazing considering what a mental and physical grind you are going through.

Wow so cool Dan! After the passing of Jenna yesterday this is the kind of news we need on here! I'm with Orange 79 I want them to visit you at your house not the hospital!!

I want to take this opportunity to thank CTO for getting this ball rolling. It has my floor here at Crouse buzzing. Nurses are getting photo ops, patients are coming out of their rooms saying to the guys, don't you play for SU?"

My doctors can't wait to hear the latest tales as most of them are season ticket holders.

Your act has created so much good will for the basketball program it's immeasurable.

Thanks again Joyce for keeping that candle of hope alive for me.

My family thanks you too, you're the best!!!!!

Last edited:
I want to take this opportunity to thank CTO for getting this ball rolling. It has my floor here at Crouse buzzing. Nurses are getting photo ops, patients are coming out of their rooms saying to the guys, don't you play for SU?"

My doctors can't wait to hear the latest tales as most of them are season ticket holders.

Your act has created so much good will for the basketball program it's immeasurable.

Thanks again Joyce for keeping that candle of hope alive or me.

My family thanks you too, you're the best!!!!!
OE, amazing feel great story. Keep this stuff coming, man!

The hits keep on coming. Just got a call from Sydney O' Hara star player for SU softball. Her dad was visiting me at the time. She just called to wish me well and say the team misses me at the games.

I think she was calling from the site of the ACC tournament in Maryland. She said she was going to come up and visit me when she gets back. Her dad informed that she just made All-ACC 1st team. That is really special considering she's only a freshman.

LGO beat them Hokies!!

Later on Thursday I had another special visitor none other than the Queen Mother of syracusefan.com, CTO.

I was in shock.

Joyce is in town for some BOT related activities and SU's commencement.

It was interesting to hear of the twists and turns in her time at SU and her professional life.

Thanks for stopping by Joyce and hope to see you again soon. Someday I'll have to try a slice of that pizza that you're helping to save.

Later on Thursday I had another special visitor none other than the Queen Mother of syracusefan.com, CTO.

I was in shock.

Joyce is in town for some BOT related activities and SU's commencement.

It was interesting to hear of the twists and turns in her time at SU and her professional life.

Thanks for stopping by Joyce and hope to see you again soon. Someday I'll have to try a slice of that pizza that you're helping to save.

Two thoughts before I rush off to meetings:

1). It was great spending time with you yesterday. I really enjoyed the visit. It was fun to learn about your family, and your knowledge of SU football seriously put me to shame

2). For those who live and/or work in Syracuse, please stop by Crouse Hospital and say hello to Dan. He's been there for nearly 50 days, and visitors really help break up long, tedious days. Don't worry if you don't know him well (aside from interacting on the board here, I really did not know Dan before yesterday). You will really enjoy talking with Dan, and you will be doing something really nice for one who deserves it.

1). It was great spending time with you yesterday. I really enjoyed the visit. It was fun to learn about your family, and your knowledge of SU football seriously put me to shame

2). For those who live and/or work in Syracuse, please stop by Crouse Hospital and say hello to Dan. He's been there for nearly 50 days, and visitors really help break up long, tedious days. Don't worry if you don't know him well (aside from interacting on the board here, I really did not know Dan before yesterday). You will really enjoy talking with Dan, and you will be doing something really nice for one who deserves it.

Work year ends in two weeks. PM me some info, such as his room number, and I'll carve out time to go see Dan- haven't seen him to speak with since we took each others' pictures with Mr. Dave Bing at the Notre Dame basketball game in the Dome.

3) And his room has a super view of Crouse College and the Dome.

get-attachment.aspx