Dayton meetup suggestions | Syracusefan.com

Dayton meetup suggestions

SoBeCuse

Living Legend
Guys and gals. I really don’t know Dayton that well. The arena is across the river from the main campus. One of those isolated stand alone arenas with the parking all around it.

I reached out to a friend in Dayton and Cincy a few minutes ago. A couple of spots are a 5-6 min drive from the arena. Maybe stash cars then Uber/Lyft? Anyways Dublin Pub looks solid and Warped Wing is a spot I have heard about a few times before for craft lovers. 5 min walk apart. I guess in the Oregon District whic is supposed to be kinda cool. Could probably check out both. Mark? Thoughts?

St. Patrick's Day | The Dublin Pub - Dayton, OH

Warped Wing Brewery

Guys and gals. I really don’t know Dayton that well. The arena is across the river from the main campus. One of those isolated stand alone arenas with the parking all around it.

I reached out to a friend in Dayton and Cincy a few minutes ago. A couple of spots are a 5-6 min drive from the arena. Maybe stash cars then Uber/Lyft? Anyways Dublin Pub looks solid and Warped Wing is a spot I have heard about a few times before for craft lovers. 5 min walk apart. I guess in the Oregon District whic is supposed to be kinda cool. Could probably check out both. Mark? Thoughts?

St. Patrick's Day | The Dublin Pub - Dayton, OH

Warped Wing Brewery
Oregon district has a trendy vibe with some good restaurants and social spots. I was just at Warped Wing recently, I'm not a beer drinker myself but my friends and I enjoyed the experience overall and they liked the adult beverage options. It has an industrial feel, old warehouse, brick and exposed pipe type setup. Dublin Pub has better overall food options and is a fun environment. If you're into Thai food, there's a place in the Oregon district as well called Thai 9 that my wife and I enjoy frequenting together.

Last edited:
Oregon district has a trendy vibe with some good restaurants and social spots. I was just at Warped Wing recently, I'm not a beer drinker myself but my friends and I enjoyed the experience overall and they liked the adult beverage options. It has an industrial feel, old warehouse, brick and exposed pipe type setup.

Cool! You live in Dayton I take it? Yeah my source is a craft beer SNOB (like me) and she said the stout at WW is her favorite stout anywhere, period.

Oregon district has a trendy vibe with some good restaurants and social spots. I was just at Warped Wing recently, I'm not a beer drinker myself but my friends and I enjoyed the experience overall and they liked the adult beverage options. It has an industrial feel, old warehouse, brick and exposed pipe type setup. Dublin Pub has better overall food options and is a fun environment. If you're into Thai food, there's a place in the Oregon district as well called Thai 9 that my wife and I enjoy frequenting together.

Noticed Thai 9 as well. That’s definitely up my alley. Do you think then that is probably the way to go? The aforementioned potential spots in Oregon District then drive or Uber/Lyft to the game? There is nothing really walkable to the arena right?

Noticed Thai 9 as well. That’s definitely up my alley. Do you think then that is probably the way to go? The aforementioned potential spots in Oregon District then drive or Uber/Lyft to the game? There is nothing really walkable to the arena right?
Yeah, the Dayton arena is stand-alone, not really within walking distance of anything. However, you may not even need to Uber/Lyft there. Parking whatever vehicle you're using to travel at the actual arena may be your best option. I do not think the parking prices are unreasonable at all, though I admittedly do not remember exact prices and I have not attended the First 4 games before... pricing may be different for this specific event. Leaving your vehicle in the Oregon District to Uber/Lyft to the game may be tricky, and it may end up being comparable price wise anyway to just parking at the arena.

As for food, I love Thai food and Thai 9 has a great setting/environment, it's always my first choice. There are a number of eatery places that are interesting and unique. In fact, there is Peruvian place called Salar literally right across the street from Thai 9 that has an interesting menu. Another popular spot is Roost among a few other options... they're all basically within 3-5 minutes of walking, it's super convenient.

Keep me updated on what get's settled on, I'm not sure what my plans are yet. The friend who scored the tickets for me is not a Syracuse fan specifically, so I'm not sure if we're grabbing food before or if he'd be down to jump in with some Orange faithful... We're attending both Wednesday games for sure, but if there's an opportunity to meet some fellow SU fans and syracusefan.com'ers I'd like to know about it!

Last edited:
Hi, all! I am the president of the alumni club in Cincinnati and we are working on a pregame spot. I have an alum in Dayton helping, but he reached out to Dublin Pub and they gave an Air Force event booked the same night. We are looking into Lock 27, Mudlick or Warped Wing. Once we get ahold of management, we will see who is best able to accommodate. I will post an update when I can. SU will also be getting the word out for us!

Hi, all! I am the president of the alumni club in Cincinnati and we are working on a pregame spot. I have an alum in Dayton helping, but he reached out to Dublin Pub and they gave an Air Force event booked the same night. We are looking into Lock 27, Mudlick or Warped Wing. Once we get ahold of management, we will see who is best able to accommodate. I will post an update when I can. SU will also be getting the word out for us!

Great! Thanks for this. For selfish reasons as a craft beer lover I’m hoping Warped Wing, ha.

Great! Thanks for this. For selfish reasons as a craft beer lover I’m hoping Warped Wing, ha.

Your wish is my command... ha.

We’ll be at Warped Wing! Party starts at 4:30 pm. I’ll have Orange swag and there’s a chance *fingers crossed* for some special guests. Stay tuned for more!

Folks without tickets can stay and watch the game at Warped.

Thanks!
Katie