Dayton | Syracusefan.com

Dayton

CuseMan4

Starter
You have to feel for that program and fan base right now. When AO went down and when Fab Melo was ruled out for the Tourney they were huge blows to us in what would have been likely final four years at the least.

But can you imagine being a Dayton fan right now or being apart of that program where you have your best season pretty much ever. They had a real chance to win the NCAA tournament with arguably the best player in college basketball. Could have won the tourney and put themselves on the map more so than they already did. Have to feel for them right now, tip of the hat to a great season for them.

You have to feel for that program and fan base right now. When AO went down and when Fab Melo was ruled out for the Tourney they were huge blows to us in what would have been likely final four years at the least.

But can you imagine being a Dayton fan right now or being apart of that program where you have your best season pretty much ever. They had a real chance to win the NCAA tournament with arguably the best player in college basketball. Could have won the tourney and put themselves on the map more so than they already did. Have to feel for them right now, tip of the hat to a great season for them.

Exactly. And then you have UConn and their lucky runs.. it's a cruel unfair world.

Really feel for those kids.

Couldn’t name one player on that team.
Are they still keeping the Roswell bodies at Wright Patterson or have they been moved?

I'm more concerned about not being able to drink all day long Thurs-Sun and having a good excuse for it. The first two rounds for me are better than Christmas. Now, I guess I actually have to go to work. This really sucks.

Though this is a great season for Univ of Dayton not sure it was their best season ever...at least not yet. I recall them playing in the NCAA Championship game back in the mid 1960's and losing to UCLA. This was the era when UCLA won about 10 years in a row with John Wooten. One of my work associates was a "Flyer" alum and I heard a lot about Dayton in those years.

Same goes for Creighton. I watched a lot of their games and when they play their 'A game' they're as good as anyone.

You don’t know who Obi Toppin is?
Is that what they named the alien?

(I’ve watched 0 minutes of non-SU college basketball)

I'm more concerned about not being able to drink all day long Thurs-Sun and having a good excuse for it. The first two rounds for me are better than Christmas. Now, I guess I actually have to go to work. This really sucks.

I'm more concerned that you need an excuse to drink for 4 days straight. :)

Was having this discussion today. Who cares about the KUs, Dukes and UKs of the world - they field teams who can win it all most every year
But Dayton and San Diego St and some of these others who dont do this regularly or ever...just sucks

Dayton will always have 1967 and the glory days of Don May.

Dayton's president spent most of his academic career at SU and was vice-chancellor and provost for many years, including the AO and Fab Melo days. Very nice man - but maybe he's a jinx?

Though this is a great season for Univ of Dayton not sure it was their best season ever...at least not yet. I recall them playing in the NCAA Championship game back in the mid 1960's and losing to UCLA. This was the era when UCLA won about 10 years in a row with John Wooten. One of my work associates was a "Flyer" alum and I heard a lot about Dayton in those years.
I am a UD graduate (so Longggg ago). This is the team’s best regular season.

They had great teams in the mid 60s (1966-1967 Final four Don May, 1974 with Donald Smith, Mike Sylvester and Johnny Davis beating #1 Notre Dame with John Schumann and Adrian Dantley as well as taking UCLA in NCAAs with Bill Walton, and many future NBA stars to triple overtime before losing. There were other years (Jim Paxton) but none as powerful as this years.

I am a UD graduate (so Longggg ago). This is the team’s best regular season.

They had great teams in the mid 60s (1966-1967 Final four Don May, 1974 with Donald Smith, Mike Sylvester and Johnny Davis beating #1 Notre Dame with John Schumann and Adrian Dantley as well as taking UCLA in NCAAs with Bill Walton, and many future NBA stars to triple overtime before losing. There were other years (Jim Paxton) but none as powerful as this years.
I defer to your judgement, especially as a Flyer grad. My only point was Dayton has had good teams in the past. In all honesty I know very little about this years team besides their great record and tough play. As a side comment I see your handle as 50 years Cuse. Puts us near the same time frame since my handle is when my lovely wife and I got married in North Syracuse in 1966.

You don’t know who Obi Toppin is?

best player in college basketball in my mind. He was good last year. This year different planet. feel bad for that team because they are really really good

Dayton's president spent most of his academic career at SU and was vice-chancellor and provost for many years, including the AO and Fab Melo days. Very nice man - but maybe he's a jinx?

Dr. Spina was my freshman Aero 101 professor, an advisor, and was instrumental in my education at Syracuse. I wouldn’t be where I am without him.

Arguably the most instrumental person I’ve ever met in my education and career.

Hey, that's one of the benefits of working from home, the bar in the office.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom