Class of 2025 - DB Marcus Upton (NJ) Decommitted (6/19/24) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 DB Marcus Upton (NJ) Decommitted (6/19/24)

obama country GIF

He was flirting with BC. Maybe Fran dropped him
This is interesting. It’s always a fine line in these circumstances. You have to fight to keep recruits and you can’t do this too often, but maybe Fran is setting the record straight, like, Cuse is no longer your safety. I mean, for too long we weren’t taken seriously. Maybe he’s setting a tone. No ides. Would be interesting to know.

This is interesting. It’s always a fine line in these circumstances. You have to fight to keep recruits and you can’t do this too often, but maybe Fran is setting the record straight, like, Cuse is no longer your safety. I mean, for too long we weren’t taken seriously. Maybe he’s setting a tone. No ides. Would be interesting to know.
I've heard that at least one commit was told he couldn't visit another school after he had committed to SU.

Once you've committed no dalliances allowed.

Based on the closest thing we have to a reliable predictor of future success (P4 offers), he was a middle of the pack recruit in our current class.

While he did look like a good player and I’m sure he’s a good kid, it’s only June. Decommit bandaids are best ripped off early.

Fran and the gang will backfill him more than adequately.

Dohn just dropped a CB to BC and said he’s visiting BC this weekend. Sounds like a similar situation
Losing the kid to bc isn’t ever a good thing unless you’re elimunelson (sorry dude but you’re such a bc homer). Some here said “let’s wait and see” with this class” and were ripped on. It happens with any class. It’s why I don’t get excited when a kid commits. So much can change. I love the quality of commits that we have seen and it will translate. We will have a great class but probably 1/4 or more will flip. It’s what happens.

Losing the kid to bc isn’t ever a good thing unless you’re elimunelson (sorry dude but you’re such a bc homer). Some here said “let’s wait and see” with this class” and were ripped on. It happens with any class. It’s why I don’t get excited when a kid commits. So much can change. I love the quality of commits that we have seen and it will translate. We will have a great class but probably 1/4 or more will flip. It’s what happens.
I see it differently. We have a kid here that wanted to visit another school, we told no, and he decommitted to do it. That speaks to the quality of our pipeline of targets. We literally just replaced him with a kid that had a PSU offer from Avon Old Farms that cancelled his PSU visit to commit here.

Message sent - you want to be here, better reserve your spot. Because there are other really solid prospects that still want to be here.

I've heard that at least one commit was told he couldn't visit another school after he had committed to SU.

Once you've committed no dalliances allowed.

Right or wrong is this not how Schiano operates? Possibly Fran has the same philosophy.

I see it differently. We have a kid here that wanted to visit another school, we told no, and he decommitted to do it. That speaks to the quality of our pipeline of targets. We literally just replaced him with a kid that had a PSU offer from Avon Old Farms that cancelled his PSU visit to commit here.

Message sent - you want to be here, better reserve your spot. Because there are other really solid prospects that still want to be here.
Not sure about that. I don’t think we replaced him with Rayshawn. I think we gladly would have taken both.

No problems here. He’s a good player and I assume a good kid. Hopefully BC is better fit for him.
I also hope HCFMFB will eventually fill this scholly with a 4 star or big time portal player.

Onto the next

Marcus looks to be a good player. He is however smaller than the kids that Fran seems to be recruiting for DBs.

Not surprised and I’m sure there will be a few more. It’s just the nature of this game! And as others said if Fran is laying down the law (which I love) then expect this to happen. I think it’s a net positive because you’re retaining the dudes who really want to be here, and not just holding a spot. In past regimes this would sting, but with Fran I have no doubts we use that scholly to find an equal or better prospect. That’s the fran effect.

Im a homer because I grew up next to bc?

Yea I’m guilty then. Throw me in college rooting prison

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom