Class of 2018 - DB Noah Boykin (DC) Transferring from Notre Dame | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 DB Noah Boykin (DC) Transferring from Notre Dame

Plus he most likely would have to sit out a year for transferring anyways...

Is that still a thing? Can’t someone throw a racial epithet at him or something?

Sounds like Boykin was down their depth chart and is also unproven. Plus, he'll have to sit out another year.

This is what we look like for 2020 and we'll assuredly bring in 2 or 3 more DBs in this class.

Defensive Backs
Allen Stritzinger Sr.
Trill Williams Jr.
Ifeatu Melifonwu R-Jr.
Cornelius Nunn So. - CB/Safety
Adrian Cole RFr.
Aman Greenwood RFr.
Garrett Williams RFr.

Safeties
Devon Clarke R-Sr.
Eric Coley R-Jr.
Andre Cisco Jr.
Cam Jonas R-So.

Last edited:
Sounds like Boykin was down their depth chart and is also unproven. Plus, he'll have to sit out another year.

This is what we look like for 2020 and we'll assuredly bring in 2 or 3 more DBs in this class.

Defensive Backs
Allen Stritzinger Jr.
Trill Williams So.
Ifeatu Melifonwu R-So.
Adrian Cole Fr.
Aman Greenwood Fr.
Cornelius Nunn Fr.
Garrett Williams Fr.

Safeties
Devon Clarke R-Jr.
Eric Coley R-So.
Andre Cisco So.
Cam Jonas R-Fr.
I like our future but 7 of those DB's havent touched the field and most won't until 2020. if Noah not a character issue and there is interest from both sides, why wouldnt they consider him? High end depth is what's needed to win conference championships. That's what Dino has alerted to.

Defensive Backs
Allen Stritzinger Sr.
Trill Williams Jr.
Ifeatu Melifonwu R-Jr.
Cornelius Nunn So.
Adrian Cole RFr.
Aman Greenwood RFr.
Garrett Williams RFr.

Safeties
Devon Clarke R-Sr.
Eric Coley R-Jr.
Andre Cisco Jr.
Cam Jonas R-So.
Phat this isn't directed at just you per se, but many fans on the board keep talking about DB's like the term means corner backs. Defensive backs is a grouping that includes all corner backs, safeties and nickel backs. All players beyond the linebackers. Not a big deal but it confuses me every time I read the term being used and it doesn't make sense in the context.

Defensive Backs
Allen Stritzinger Sr.
Trill Williams Jr.
Ifeatu Melifonwu R-Jr.
Cornelius Nunn So. - CB/Safety
Adrian Cole RFr.
Aman Greenwood RFr.
Garrett Williams RFr.

Safeties
Devon Clarke R-Sr.
Eric Coley R-Jr.
Andre Cisco Jr.
Cam Jonas R-So.

That depth chart actually tells me that we should absolutely be taking a shot at a kid with high end talent. Everyone at CB is basically an unknown outside of Trill. Meli and Stritz have looked like they should become solid players but that's based off of a game or 2.

Is that still a thing? Can’t someone throw a racial epithet at him or something?

or he can say he is transferring to the Ohio State Syracuse Orangebuckeyes, and he will be cleared to play immediately

That depth chart actually tells me that we should absolutely be taking a shot at a kid with high end talent. Everyone at CB is basically an unknown outside of Trill. Meli and Stritz have looked like they should become solid players but that's based off of a game or 2.

maybe but Boykin is also an unknown and was passed over by kids in his own class. I actually don't like our numbers and whiffing on the Texas safety might be bigger than I first thought. I'm sure we'll bring in 3/4 more DBs and Safeties this next class

Phat this isn't directed at just you per se, but many fans on the board keep talking about DB's like the term means corner backs. Defensive backs is a grouping that includes all corner backs, safeties and nickel backs. All players beyond the linebackers. Not a big deal but it confuses me every time I read the term being used and it doesn't make sense in the context.

Agreed. I sort of group of CB and Nickles together. Safeties are completely different so I try to list them out. separate.

or he can say he is transferring to the Ohio State Syracuse Orangebuckeyes, and he will be cleared to play immediately
We're not on the level to be confused with Ohio State yet. We're more on the Miami level, and we're even called the Orange which is often confused as a Florida thing... oh wait, still works. If we built this large wooden badger...

You think that's funny? What is wrong with you?
I was dropped on my head as a child. But didn’t you think that was funny? Because I’m cracking myself up here.

Last edited:
We don't need a transfer in the secondary. We can do better with HS prospects. Why do we want kids that can't get on the field at other schools?
It’s a change in mindset. Previously we would be thrilled to have a four star player recruited by Notre Dame on our roster. Now, with Dino’s leadership, we should trust our coaches eye for talent to fit our scheme, player development and outstanding S&C program to deliver us consistent winning talent.

It’s a change in mindset. Previously we would be thrilled to have a four star player recruited by Notre Dame on our roster. Now, with Dino’s leadership, we should trust our coaches eye for talent to fit our scheme, player development and outstanding S&C program to deliver us consistent winning talent.
We don't need a transfer in the secondary. We can do better with HS prospects. Why do we want kids that can't get on the field at other schools?

Devon Butler was really good for us. I don’t recall what his playing time situation was at ND? Also Adams and Jackson were bypassed.

It just comes down to wwhether the kid can play or is an upgrade.
Admittedly I don’t know the answer.

We still don't know why he left. If it is a talent, effort or character issue, then you simply pass on him but looking into it does no harm. We obviously have a good relationship with the Woodson staff. SU staff will find out.

Devon Butler was really good for us. I don’t recall what his playing time situation was at ND? Also Adams and Jackson were bypassed.

It just comes down to wwhether the kid can play or is an upgrade.
Admittedly I don’t know the answer.
None of us knows the answer. Unless you coached for ND lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom