Class of 2018 - DB Reggie Pearson (MI) Verbal to Wisconsin | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 DB Reggie Pearson (MI) Verbal to Wisconsin

CuseLegacy

Visiting 2/27. Offer from Iowa State.

No Syracuse offer but he has a big fan in Ron Thompson who is constantly RTing tweets about Reggie and encouraging the staff to offer him.

In Transfer Portal. Didn't play last year due to a 'medical condition', but he was a legit contributor to Wiscy's D:

Wisconsin safety Reggie Pearson enters the transfer portal
I am going to postulate a new theory. I call it Sutomcat’s Law of College Transfers.

When an athlete decides to transfer, the most important factors choosing the new school are proximity to the athlete’s home town, for both the school originally chosen and the new school.

The further the distance between the hometown and the school transferring from, the closer the new school will be from the hometown. And vice versa.

This is why we are unlikely to see many athletes from Florida, who initially chose a team in the Deep South, decide to finish their career at Syracuse. And why Rutgers is able to get NJ kids to transfer there after they go away to school and figure out they are not P5 level players.

And why I think, all other things being equal, SU should prioritize getting transfers originally from NYS or Canada. We will need to leave no stone unturned, but I think these are the guys we are going to have the most success landing from the portal.

I am going to postulate a new theory. I call it Sutomcat’s Law of College Transfers.

When an athlete decides to transfer, the most important factors choosing the new school are proximity to the athlete’s home town, for both the school originally chosen and the new school.

The further the distance between the hometown and the school transferring from, the closer the new school will be from the hometown. And vice versa.

This is why we are unlikely to see many athletes from Florida, who initially chose a team in the Deep South, decide to finish their career at Syracuse. And why Rutgers is able to get NJ kids to transfer there after they go away to school and figure out they are not P5 level players.

And why I think, all other things being equal, SU should prioritize getting transfers originally from NYS or Canada. We will need to leave no stone unturned, but I think these are the guys we are going to have the most success landing from the portal.
If I may add a thought, any player in the portal that was recruited by a coach no longer on the current staff is probably not likely to transfer to SU or be recruited by SU again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom