Class of 2021 - DB William Wells (FL) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DB William Wells (FL) Offered

The 2021 class is at 21 with potential for 65 returning. There probably won't be a large number of transfers taken.

slow on what uptake ?
My point being when you have so many deficiencies, one or 2 transfers a year doesn't cut it... I'd be bringing in more but maybe I'm in the minority... We've had some hits (Amba, Koda, Tristan, etc..) let's go back to that well and drink heavily...

Last edited:
My point being when you have so many deficiencies, one or 2 transfers a year doesn't cut it... I'd be bringing in more but maybe I'm in the minority... We've had some hits (Amba, Koda, Tristan, etc..) let's go back to that well and drink heavily...

A - you have to land them.
B - they have to work out.

We've had misses on both A and B.
As well as some nice hits too.

Offering more transfers, will likely lead to more of both hits and misses.
Assuming we can even land them.

IMO you have to be very selective, bring in only 1 or 2 guys and they have to be an immediate starter/impact player.

What happens when you bring in too many transfers and juco's is you end up having a depleted roster with little depth. Sometimes it's just better to bite the bullet, load up on freshman classes for a few years and let them cut their teeth.

I'm on board with finding a 'starting' transfer QB, Center and DT. I don't think we need anything else. Now back to the Will Wells thread cheers.

IMO you have to be very selective, bring in only 1 or 2 guys and they have to be an immediate starter/impact player.

What happens when you bring in too many transfers and juco's is you end up having a depleted roster with little depth. Sometimes it's just better to bite the bullet, load up on freshman classes for a few years and let them cut their teeth.

I'm on board with finding a 'starting' transfer QB, Center and DT. I don't think we need anything else. Now back to the Will Wells thread cheers.

Offering too many jucos was one of many things that blew up on Charlie Weis at Kansas and made it almost impossible for David Beatty for the reasons you mention.

But back to the thread, Williams Wells looks like a player.

Oh...he means transfers that come in and lead us to a National Championship in one year...yeah we haven't brought in any of those...slow on the uptake...complete and total whiff by the staff.

This one bummed me out. He was close to committed in November.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom