DC Expectations | Syracusefan.com

DC Expectations

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
Im expecting more O from the 5 spot , as it is nothing new that his offensive game is more advanced than fabs was. Solid rebounding as in 5-7 a game because jb doesnt run to many plays for the center on O , and i expect him to be a legitimate shot blocking presence because he is no slouch. This is only based on him coming in shape and ready to play.

I look for Coleman t0 provide an offensive presence down low. Bring down a lot of boards. Block some shots (It won't seem like much compared to Fab, though). I think Carter-Williams will help show just what Coleman is capable on offense.

I am sure he can beat the average performance of recent SU freshman centers, and I hope he can top the numbers of Craig Forth, who is the best of the bunch:

last 5 freshman centers to appear in at least 25 games and average at least 10 mpg:

freshmancenters.jpg

6 and 5 with 1.2 blocks in around 20 mpg would be solid, given the depth of next year's team.

I am sure he can beat the average performance of recent SU freshman centers, and I hope he can top the numbers of Craig Forth, who is the best of the bunch:

last 5 freshman centers to appear in at least 25 games and average at least 10 mpg:

freshmancenters.jpg

6 and 5 with 1.2 blocks in around 20 mpg would be solid, given the depth of next year's team.

Wow, the bar certainly isn't very high.

I think Coleman has the ability to average more than 10 points a game.

I'm hoping our guards are wired such that they get the ball to him when he's in position to score. I'm cautiously optimistic that MCW is that kind of guard.

Just watched the vid on King of Kings. Wow DC2 has trimmed down ... really looks muscular with some good moves to the basket. If he stays in this shape he could demolish someof those stats above.

How is DC from the foul line as he is going to be there a ton

freshmancenters.jpg

Nice research.

From what I have seen from DCII, he is going to be a very good rebounder as a freshman; much better than the guys you have listed above. I think even as a frosh he will get close to .3 rebounds per minute, which is really good (when Rick Jackson was a senior, he averaged 10.3 rpg in 35.6 mpg, or .289 rebounds per minute).

Don't think he is going to be a featured option in the offense this season but he will get more points per minute than any of these players as well. He is far stronger and ready to play at the college level than any of these guys (heck, he is stronger now than any of these guys were as seniors) and his ability to rebound on the offensive boards alone will get him a couple of baskets a game.

He is going to draw a lot of fouls during his time at SU too.

The big question is how much time is he going to play? Will JB give Baye Keita, an experienced rising junior, a big share of the playing time? Will Rak get a lot of playing time at the position where he was so effective as a true frosh?

I think JB is going to really try and make Rak work at the PF position, avoid playing him at center and throw DCII the keys to the center job, with Keita serving as the backup. Reserving my right to change my mind after watching the team practice, at this point, I think DCII will play about 25 mpg, and get 8 ppg and 7.5 rpg.

I think DCII will play about 25 mpg, and get 8 ppg and 7.5 rpg.

I think if he hits those numbers, this team will do very well. I don't have the time right now, but maybe someone can research how many D-1 centers last year had 8/7.5 or how many times has a Syracuse center done that. I'm guessing it's a lot less than most people think.

I think he is going to get way more than 5 RPG.

I look for something like 7 points / 8 RPG. Which would be pretty damn good.

Exactly, if he can pull down 12 rb's against all star talent in the McD's game, I'll be disappointed if he averages 5-6 playing probably 20 minutes. I'm not saying that 5-6 is unrealistic compared to freshman numbers from other players, but I'm hoping for more. Blocks I think are about right - DC2 is too heavy to be an eraser (hopefully that sobriquet will go to Rak).

freshmancenters.jpg

I think this is a realistic expectation the speed of the game is night and day from high school to college especially for big men and until a I see him in a college game against a good competition and see him run the floor and move his feet in game speed I'm not willing to raise expectations.

Im expecting more O from the 5 spot , as it is nothing new that his offensive game is more advanced than fabs was. Solid rebounding as in 5-7 a game because jb doesnt run to many plays for the center on O , and i expect him to be a legitimate shot blocking presence because he is no slouch. This is only based on him coming in shape and ready to play.
His best attribute is his outlet passing.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I think this is a realistic expectation the speed of the game is night and day from high school to college especially for big men and until a I see him in a college game against a good competition and see him run the floor and move his feet in game speed I'm not willing to raise expectations.
A voice of reason. I think that if we went back and look at similar posts pre Fab freshman year, that you would see similar 8+8 and more posts. Freshman are way to much of an unknow to try and predict anything. He could be anything from superstar to complete bust.

A voice of reason. I think that if we went back and look at similar posts pre Fab freshman year, that you would see similar 8+8 and more posts. Freshman are way to much of an unknow to try and predict anything. He could be anything from superstar to complete bust.
There is little comparison between DC2 and Fab. DC2 is an experienced BB player. Fab is still in the process of figuring out the game.

There is little comparison between DC2 and Fab. DC2 is an experienced BB player. Fab is still in the process of figuring out the game.
While that is true, the expectations from people here for Melo were not to far from those being touted for DC2. How many times have you heard "expect a double double from . . ." (insert freshman prospects name) the summer before he arrived. Or even "8 & 8". Be it points and rebounds or points and assists, fans expect alot from certain freshman only to have reality being much different for what ever reason. Hope for a lot but expect only so much.

I think DC2 will step in and be much closer to Sullinger than Melo as a Frosh. This kid has skill. Fab was just a raw guy with zero offense...and he left the hill as a skinnier raw guy with zero offense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom