DC/NOVA Cuse vs Duke gathering? | Syracusefan.com

DC/NOVA Cuse vs Duke gathering?

orange_in_VA

All Conference
Was trying to see if anyone in the DC metro area knows of any bar gathering of Cuse fans for the game on Friday night. I know there have been some in the past and figured I'd check here first before searching the web.

Would love to know if there is a good game watching spot in Buffalo for Syracuse fans. I've lived here for 2+ years and have yet to find a single spot that has any concentration of SU fans.

Westchester/Fairfield alumni club is hosting game=watch party at Bobby V's in Stamford. These are pretty good events. Dave Finkelstein has done a great job organizing stuff for this newbie club. All are welcome. You do not have to be an alum or member

You will want to get to Penn Quarter early. Seating is limited, but you will not find a better environment to watch a Cuse game.

If I can’t find reasonable tickets...any one in Iowa is welcome to the viewing party in my basement!!!!

Reactions: cto
You will want to get to Penn Quarter early. Seating is limited, but you will not find a better environment to watch a Cuse game.

Thanks for the advice! I'm so excited! I'm following that DC alumni Facebook page now so I can get to more of these events.

Ventnor Sports Cafe in Adams Morgan is another relatively low key spot to catch the game with 'cuse folk.

Thanks! I'll check it out sometime. I've probably walked past it a hundred times

Has anyone been to Ventnor lately?

I went to Ventnor once awhile back. Good Syracuse crowd and was not quite as packed as Penn Quarter or Sign of the Whale. Curious how the crowd is now. It's also a UNC bar, so even still I'm sure it'll be anti-Duke.

Has anyone been to Ventnor lately?

I went to Ventnor once awhile back. Good Syracuse crowd and was not quite as packed as Penn Quarter or Sign of the Whale. Curious how the crowd is now. It's also a UNC bar, so even still I'm sure it'll be anti-Duke.

I was there last weekend while passing through town. Downstairs was 100% Syracuse and completely full.

Would love to know if there is a good game watching spot in Buffalo for Syracuse fans. I've lived here for 2+ years and have yet to find a single spot that has any concentration of SU fans.

No Tully’s out in Buffalo?

No Tully’s out in Buffalo?

There are two, actually. Went to one for a football game last year and there were more people there doing an NHL fantasy draft than watching college football.

There are two, actually. Went to one for a football game last year and there were more people there doing an NHL fantasy draft than watching college football.

I’d bet you’d find a bunch of Cuse fans there on Friday.

Ventnor Sports Cafe in Adams Morgan is another relatively low key spot to catch the game with 'cuse folk.

I watched the '07-'08 opener there - the game Jonny Flynn went wild against Siena, I think? The owner was cool, I think he's an alum. But he also told some people sitting near us that Ventnor was also a UNC bar (so he switched a couple TVs for them). And during down time he kept dumping on the basketball program and talking about what a terrible place the Dome is.

Can't believe that was over 10 years ago, and I'm kind of surprised Ventnor's still around but Millie & Al's is not. Weird world.

I watched the '07-'08 opener there - the game Jonny Flynn went wild against Siena, I think? The owner was cool, I think he's an alum. But he also told some people sitting near us that Ventnor was also a UNC bar (so he switched a couple TVs for them). And during down time he kept dumping on the basketball program and talking about what a terrible place the Dome is.

Can't believe that was over 10 years ago, and I'm kind of surprised Ventnor's still around but Millie & Al's is not. Weird world.

Millie and Al's was a treasure for sure. RIP $1 Jello shots and subsequent Jello vomit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom