DE Jahmil Haley | Syracusefan.com

DE Jahmil Haley

ejz555

2nd String
He had tentatively committed pending his grades...well he appears to have changed his mind to go to Hampton University..

Yea i like it at hampton i think i can get to the league from there RT @MalcolmWorld: @KOA_Rosay Hampton ova Syracuse ?

could this mean we have a better prospect in line?

Its been a while since we had a commit.how about a highly rated one damnit.

I don't recall that he verballed. Syracuse did offer, however.

I think that may be the half commit HCDM spoke of at the Monday Luncheon a few weeks ago when he said we have 18.5. Coach did not mention his name but there was an article I read where the kid was quoted as saying I have a scholarship to Syracuse if I can clear up some grades.

I think that may be the half commit HCDM spoke of at the Monday Luncheon a few weeks ago when he said we have 18.5. Coach did not mention his name but there was an article I read where the kid was quoted as saying I have a scholarship to Syracuse if I can clear up some grades.

Correct...

He was ready to commit ages ago when I first posted, but his family/friends made him slow down the process. Not sure if grades are the reason or just wants to stay closer to home.

So we lost a recruit to the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference. Well, at least we're not losing recruits to Akron anymore.

is that kid serious with "the league" reference?

So now are we complaining about the fact that we are even interested in the kid? Or because Hampton is a possibility?

Certainly we have trouble admitting some recruits that others in the BE can bring in like USF and others. That is a reality.

Certainly we have trouble admitting some recruits that others in the BE can bring in like USF and others. That is a reality.

That is exactly right. WV and Louisville are in that boat as well and that may be part of the reason why the ACC doesn't want another anyone can get in school, it really does effect competition when you can let anyone in while others can not.

As for Marrone and if he is a good recruiter, I'm going to give him until 2013 before I really start to judge him. I think he's a very good evaluator of talent but we're not getting the yes votes from the higher rated guys on his board*

*Assuming that his board has 4 or 5 star kids on it

So we lost a recruit to the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference. Well, at least we're not losing recruits to Akron anymore.
Over-react much? There is obviously more involved with Haley's situation.

Over-react much? There is obviously more involved with Haley's situation.

Over-react? Can't you understand when someone is kidding? It's a joke man. Get over it.

Sorry, but there's nothing in your post to suggest you were kidding.

Sorry, but there's nothing in your post to suggest you were kidding.

Joe, if you have read any of my other posts you'd know that I am not one to jump to conclusions. I am so far from panicking over the state of the SU football program during the Marrone era that I might as well live in Boise. I was merely poking fun at the multitude of posts over the past 7-8 years on the various Cuse boards (notably Syracuse.com) that bewail recruits who also have offers from Akron, Western Michigan, etc.

I realize my comment might have been clearer had I used one of those winking emoticon things but I don't know how to use them. Sorry about being a Luddite but that's the way it is.

By the way, what I really think is that Jahmil probably has a desire to play closer to home and is still dealing with academic issues but who really knows?

let's look for a minute; what just happened on Friday demonstrates how effective our combined recruiting and coaching up is.

When you read the recruiting assessments for the years Marrone and staff have been involved; no one was saying we were beating WVU in recruiting. Yet we beat them 2 years in a row; on the field.

Does this mean I believe we have turned the corner and will run the table; winning out. We are certainly capable of doing so; yet this is still a very young team.

The recruits we are bringing in are a demonstration of why I am confident that this is just a glimpse of where we are headed as a program.

Continued wins like Friday's allow the high profile recruits to see themselves thriving at The Cuse.

Marrone hasnt blown anyone away yet with his recruiting rankings, however he is certainly producing on the field. (this is assuming that the team we saw Friday night is the team we will begin to see and not the abomination we witnessed weeks 1-6) Still we won a bowl game over K-State in his second year and are on track to go bowling again. The articles ive read on his recruiting tactics impress me. Especially the NY Times piece in which he mentioned how we are targeting the NYC area bc these are players who may be as good as the 4 star recruits down south but havent gotten the exposure or on the field time to show that. Also im seeing alot of speed being brought in which is never a bad thing. We obviously cant expect to compete for ACC championships getting all 2 star recruits with the random 3 star mixed in...but we can become a top 25 caliber team doing this until we regain enough respect to get that 4/5 star who gets the ball rolling.

Really? How do you figure?

I haven't seen anything special on that front, and most of what I've heard behind the scenes hasn't been positive. I like the results on the field, but we won't get back to our 90's level with the talent we are CURRENTLY recruiting. Hopefully the ACC makes it easier. Recruiting has changed a TON since Marrone was coaching at the college level.

This is all just my opinion. And all I'm saying is that it might be the chink in Doug's armor.

I haven't seen anything special on that front, and most of what I've heard behind the scenes hasn't been positive. I like the results on the field, but we won't get back to our 90's level with the talent we are CURRENTLY recruiting. Hopefully the ACC makes it easier. Recruiting has changed a TON since Marrone was coaching at the college level.

This is all just my opinion. And all I'm saying is that it might be the chink in Doug's armor.

I agree, but the kids he's bringing seem to be bigger, faster and stronger than the majority of what he inherited. We are missing out on a lot of the high profile kids, but to be fair, we really don't have that much to offer yet in comparison to PSU, ND, etc. Hopefully, more recruits at games with crowds like we had Friday will be more impressive.

When you look at football versus basketball - we had 20,000 for Midnight Madness. We are as big a basketball program as there is in the country and can compete with anyone (even Kentucky, Duke and UNC) for recruits. We aren't there for football, and we may never be. Hopefully this will snowball into something that catches on fire.

I think it's too early to tell at this point. I actually like what I've seen though. The Thomas's have been productive. Spruill looks to be a developing star. Goggins is looking like our second best d-lineman. PTG looked good before he got hurt. Crume and Lynch have looked good. Kobena has looked good on kick returns and I'm looking forward to seeing how that translates to reciever. Whales looks like a good TE. I think with consistent team success he'll start to nab some of the big fish.