Class of 2020 - DE Latarie Kinsler Jr (FL) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 11/2/2019 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 DE Latarie Kinsler Jr (FL) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 11/2/2019

Awesome get. If we can close on some more solid players I’ll care a lot less about this season.

Definitely a good pick up and welcome to Cuse. This young man will definitely need a few years in S&C if he is at 210.

He’s already nearly big enough to play college LB. Mikel is listed as what, 212?

But yes, Wolverine will need at least 1-2 years with Latarie to fully weaponize him as a DE.

It was just one of our problems. Our supposed stud DEs have nothing this year. We are a number of standout players away from being good again.

There's no one on the interior to open things up on the ends. That's been the story all season. McKinley Williams being hurt was a bigger deal than let on. Kenneth Ruff and Josh Black are solid players but they don't command the presence that Williams did. A double team up the middle forces a 1 on 1 or missed read which opens up the ends.

Welcome to the Syracuse Football family, Latarie!

welcome to syracuse go orange2.gif

Boom sauce. Welcome aboard.
This kid’s offers are outstanding.
Welcome aboard and this kid looks like a player.
3-4 OLB/DE hybrid.
My thoughts exactly. Utilize him like Mack at UB and Dion Jordan at Oregon.

kids got speed and great measurables to put on weight, same with Linton

He’s already nearly big enough to play college LB. Mikel is listed as what, 212?

But yes, Wolverine will need at least 1-2 years with Latarie to fully weaponize him as a DE.
Yeah so I am reading he is DE, to me that means he needs to be Coleman size for us. If he is supposed to be a tweener that’s different. 210 is not big enough and thats ok, it is not a knock. Most young men require a few years S&C. Stash him away and have him ready for 2021. Thats fine with me. We need to let a few of our young players develop a bit longer.

Did the rest of this thread get nuked? I wanted to see what the rest of his recruitment looked like.

Yeah so I am reading he is DE, to me that means he needs to be Coleman size for us. If he is supposed to be a tweener that’s different. 210 is not big enough and thats ok, it is not a knock. Most young men require a few years S&C. Stash him away and have him ready for 2021. Thats fine with me. We need to let a few of our young players develop a bit longer.
I mean he’ll likely walk into freshman year about 220, redshirt and enter his second year around 245 hopefully. He has room to grow and be ACC size by his redshirt sophomore year.

I mean he’ll likely walk into freshman year about 220, redshirt and enter his second year around 245 hopefully. He has room to grow and be ACC size by his redshirt sophomore year.
Which would be 2021...

Well barring a couple major injuries, why would we want to play him before then?

Maybe he doesn't want to redshirt?

Maybe he was promised the opportunity to earn immediate playing time?

Well barring a couple major injuries, why would we want to play him before then?
Unless I am missing the boat Blue, you and I are saying the same thing man. I said above stash him away for a couple years in S&C and pull him out in 2021.

Unless I am missing the boat Blue, you and I are saying the same thing man. I said above stash him away for a couple years in S&C and pull him out in 2021.
I misunderstood what you meant by your last post. My bad

Maybe he doesn't want to redshirt?

Maybe he was promised the opportunity to earn immediate playing time?
Ok, be it that then.. he’s hopefully 235 by start of next season and plays a similar role as Tyrell Richards?

im not very concerned here. We have some built depth at the edge.

Kinsler announced a top six of SU, Penn State, South Carolina, Tennessee, Oregon and Virginia in July. He has also been extended offers by LSU, USC, Nebraska, Texas A&M, Louisville, Miami, Missouri and Pittsburgh, among others.

That's a big time offer list
Also huge he is an early enrollee and getting into S&C guickly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom