Dear Ron Thompson | Syracusefan.com

Dear Ron Thompson

Yes, that was 4 touchdowns thrown to TEs.

We'll take your commitment any day now!
If RT doesn't commit by this afternoon, we have to wonder if we really want him. I mean maybe he's just not that smart.:noidea::noidea::noidea:

He is still a kid ... let him make sure that he ends up where he wants to be ... its going to be a very important 4 years for him. Syracuse put their best foot forward and showed him what their TEs in this system can do ... now we will see if it was enough to sway him.

Regardless of whether Thompson commits to us, that showing on national TV will almost certainly yield us at least one high-quality receiving TE prospect this cycle. It could be a name not currently on our radar, but prospects need have no doubt about the role of the TE in our offense. And you can bet that whoever commits, they will cite the WV game.

Regardless of whether Thompson commits to us, that showing on national TV will almost certainly yield us at least one high-quality receiving TE prospect this cycle. It could be a name not currently on our radar, but prospects need have no doubt about the role of the TE in our offense. And you can bet that whoever commits, they will cite the WV game.

We already have one ... see Parris, Joshua ... he is going to be a very good player. Adding Thompson would just make our TE corp flat out deadly.

I hope you're right! Provo is having a record breaking year and a national audience just saw what TEs can do in our offense. If I'm a high school TE, I'd be sending my tape to Marrone this morning.

Provo is still on the Mackey watch list. I wonder how much this game will help him. How great would it be if he could win the award the year it's namesake passed?

Thompson needs to pack on some more pounds to become a true TE. I think he would make an excellent 1WR that can go up and get a bal. He is huge, but will need to add a lot to block effectively.

Thompson needs to pack on some more pounds to become a true TE. I think he would make an excellent 1WR that can go up and get a bal. He is huge, but will need to add a lot to block effectively.

Thompson is 240-250lbs. He'd arrive already heavier than Provo or Stevens and he's apparently pretty athletic for his size.

Thompson is 240-250lbs. He'd arrive already heavier than Provo or Stevens and he's apparently pretty athletic for his size.
Source?
Every place I've seen him mentioned has him south of 220lbs. Which probably means closer to 210-ish.

We already have one ... see Parris, Joshua ... he is going to be a very good player. Adding Thompson would just make our TE corp flat out deadly.
You may be right. However, during his junior year, Parris only caught 11 passes for 168 yards. He transferred to a real football power as a senior, though, so maybe he's seeing more action as a pass-catching target. I love his commitment even more now that we're headed into the ACC, and Parris was an all-Atlanta Metro player last year. We've started to establish some contacts in the Peach State the past two years.

You may be right. However, during his junior year, Parris only caught 11 passes for 168 yards. He transferred to a real football power as a senior, though, so maybe he's seeing more action as a pass-catching target. I love his commitment even more now that we're headed into the ACC, and Parris was an all-Atlanta Metro player last year. We've started to establish some contacts in the Peach State the past two years.

I live north of Atlanta ... Acworth to be precise and heard a ton last year about Lynch ... while Parris is not getting the pub because he isn't lighting it up it should be noted that the Stephenson squad has two tailbacks with numerous D1 offers ... they run a lot. A co-worker's brother in law coaches at Tucker and told my co-worker Parris has the potential to be a man among boys ... he is a beast but not a necessary target because they have so much damn talent there. 10+ BCS level talents on that roster ... its unreal!

Source?
Every place I've seen him mentioned has him south of 220lbs. Which probably means closer to 210-ish.

I'll have to find it but the kid in this picture looks heavier than 220.

images

images

He is about 240 ... that was from an ESPN article if I recall and they cited him at around 240 if my memory serves me correct.

images
I'm pulling for you to find it. That would be a great surprise.

I like where we are with TEs, but Thompson could take us to a top-10 unit within a couple years. Next year looks good because I think Wales will have a strong jump in development, which should at least neutralize the gap between Provo and Stevens (which may not be all that big). Addazio and Max should also be ready to to contribute in lesser roles, and anything we get from freshmen would be a bonus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom