Decent chance ND knocks off Kentucky tonight? | Syracusefan.com

Decent chance ND knocks off Kentucky tonight?

Cooley could really get Noel in trouble (foul trouble) if Noel allows himself to be pushed around.

It should at least be competitive. It's at ND and I actually think Cooley may just take Noel to school. Could be a good game...
I liked what I saw from Notre Dame the other day, but it was against a now 1-6 Chicago State team. Grant's brother Jerian played well, and he was one of two players with 10+ assists. Not sure I've seen two teammates having double digit assists in the same game.

UK is good, and as the game progresses, they get a lot better and start figuring things out. As much as I hate them and Cal, give him credit for settling them down when it counts.

Still, just the same, I really hope Notre Dame kicks their butts.

I am still trying ot figure out why we aren't playing UK? Didn't we finish first in the BE last year? So shouldn't we be playing the team that finished 1st in the SEC?

I can see ND winning but I can also see Poythress and Goodwin giving them lots of problems.

I am still trying ot figure out why we aren't playing UK? Didn't we finish first in the BE last year? So shouldn't we be playing the team that finished 1st in the SEC?

I don't think that's how it works. We had a home game last year, like UK, so we both need to play road games this year.

I don't think that's how it works. We had a home game last year, like UK, so we both need to play road games this year.

So how did the ACC/B1G Challenge line up with better games than the BE/SEC?

It should at least be competitive. It's at ND and I actually think Cooley may just take Noel to school. Could be a good game...

I dislike Kentucky basketball and loathe ND in all sports, so it's win-win for me.

Dunno. But I know we were locked into a road game this year, as was UK. Maybe a lack of foresight?

I like Notre Dame at the Joyce. If they got hot early there, a comeback seems impossible sometimes.

I remember when we wore our blue jerseys with Flynn on the team, they shot lights out. I could see it happening tonight. Should be a good crowd too.

Ranked road team getting points, almost ALWAYS take the home dog.

The brass at Providence must be great negotiators. Not. Last year they agreed to let St. Johns play at Kentucky. This year they agree to have L'ville, Pitt and Uconn sit the challenge out and allow the SEC to play against all the league bottomfeeders. What are the chances that the SEC would ever allow the team picked to finish first in their league not play in this challenge. Especially if that team was Kentucky. The bigwigs of the Big East get abused like a redheaded stepchild.

Cooley will be the one to finally expose Noel for the fraud he is.

ND is an exceptionally tough team to beat at home. Only 3 losses in last 3+ years.

I hope so, I'm betting my "streak for cash" on it

They are playing really well right now, up by 11. I really hate UK!

Noel is a great shot blocker and alters the shot when he doesn't get a piece, but let's hope Cuse learns by watching...they just go around him to either side of the glass (usually one or no dribbles), but they get around him quickly and with decent success. Also, he is the worst offensive player of their starting five. He is so very awkward trying to put the ball on the floor and unlike Rak/DC2 he has zero back to the basket moves. He is a talent and will find his niche, but if I was a UK fan, I would be flipping the channel. Since I am not, this is a VERY enjoyable game to this point. This needs a beer or liquor.

The brass at Providence must be great negotiators. Not. Last year they agreed to let St. Johns play at Kentucky. This year they agree to have L'ville, Pitt and Uconn sit the challenge out and allow the SEC to play against all the league bottomfeeders. What are the chances that the SEC would ever allow the team picked to finish first in their league not play in this challenge. Especially if that team was Kentucky. The bigwigs of the Big East get abused like a redheaded stepchild.

Yet another reason to be glad we are leaving the dumpster fire called the Big East and going to a better managed and more stable ACC...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom