Decision on top 4 seeds | Syracusefan.com

Decision on top 4 seeds

TheOrangeBuddha

Scout Team
The selection committee will do everything possible to finalize the top 4 seeds Saturday night. This allows them to mire easily work through the bracketing principles on Sunday. Assuming no upsets in Friday's ACC tourney (UVa, UNC, Duke and SU advance), it will be very interesting to see which teams are assigned the Raleigh site (UVa if they make the final would deserve a spot in Raleigh over one of Duke or UNC). I'd also expect that only one of the top ACC teams will end up in the East (MSG) bracket. With Villanova looking strong to end up there as a 1-3 seed, I would be shocked to see two of UVa, UNC, Duke or SU also in the East.

Either way, I'd be pissed if SU doesn't play the first two in Buffalo.

if we make the ACC final and Virg doesnt then they have some scrambling to do if they dont make us the highest ACC seed. we would have 3-4 less losses than any other team in the conf.. if we both make it then they can the winner gets the best seed thing. thats all the matters now.

The selection committee will do everything possible to finalize the top 4 seeds Saturday night. This allows them to mire easily work through the bracketing principles on Sunday. Assuming no upsets in Friday's ACC tourney (UVa, UNC, Duke and SU advance), it will be very interesting to see which teams are assigned the Raleigh site (UVa if they make the final would deserve a spot in Raleigh over one of Duke or UNC). I'd also expect that only one of the top ACC teams will end up in the East (MSG) bracket. With Villanova looking strong to end up there as a 1-3 seed, I would be shocked to see two of UVa, UNC, Duke or SU also in the East.

at this point I can't see a scenario SU is not in Buffalo

How could 2 of those 4 be in the east?

1) I would be shocked as well as it would be an outright violation of bracketing rules.

2) Buffalo has no assoication with the East region.

We win two in the ACC tournament, we lock up the one or the two in the East. Gotta win two...or hope for Nova, Duke and UVA to be upset. I don't think UVA gets to Sunday. UNC will get them.

If we make Sunday, we are in the driver's seat. Nova has all the pressure on them. And Creighton is their kryptonite.

if we make the ACC final and Virg doesnt then they have some scrambling to do if they dont make us the highest ACC seed. we would have 3-4 less losses than any other team in the conf.. if we both make it then they can the winner gets the best seed thing. thats all the matters now.

Agreed. However, since it's unlikely UVa and us will be placed in the same region,
1) I would be shocked as well as it would be an outright violation of bracketing rules.

2) Buffalo has no assoication with the East region.

No bracketing rules apply to the Elite Eight and beyond other than not being able to play on your home court.

Assuming Villanova does enough to deserves a no. 1 or no. 2 seed, they will most likely be in East. There is nothing stopping the selection committe from putting two of the before mentioned four teams in the East as well. I doubt it, but it's possible and not a violation of any bracketing rule.

Also, they significantly altered the bracketing rules starting this year because of the size if the conferences after conference realignment.

This Saturday Night could be blockbuster. Cuse/Duke and UNC/UVA. #Bigtime

unfortunately the ACC semi's are on Saturday afternoon. The good ole boys don't play the last two days of their tourney at night.

unfortunately the ACC semi's are on Saturday afternoon. The good ole boys don't play the last two days of their tourney at night.
Ugh. That sucks.

Makes sense though with the Sunday Championship. They really need to adopt the Saturday night Championship game.

How could 2 of those 4 be in the east?

Any of the top three and then whoever is deemed the ACC's 4th best team can be placed in the same region. According to the bracketing principles, top three have to go to different regions, but 4th team or lower can go anywhere.

Cheers,
Neil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom