defend the 3, defend the 3, defend the 3 | Syracusefan.com

defend the 3, defend the 3, defend the 3

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
should be the defensive gameplan for every game. yet it never is. its so frustrating. we fall behind every game cuz teams just drill 3s early on like its nothing. it would be nice if we could start games ready for that, but nahhhhhhhhhhhhh

should be the defensive gameplan for every game. yet it never is. its so frustrating. we fall behind every game cuz teams just drill 3s early on like its nothing. it would be nice if we could start games ready for that, but nahhhhhhhhhhhhh
Mid range shot is worth 6 points.

On top of this I thought I had read that FSU was one of the poorer shooting three point teams in the ACC. We we really turned the tables on them tonight. I agree, defend the three from the start. Too many teams are lighting it up early. I still have not recovered from the VT game I had the misfortune to attend.

Defending the 3(extending the zone) works better with teams who dont have bigs who can do their thing down low, unlike us. Their guy's career high was...wait for it...against us.

We were just very lazy on defense for the first 12 minutes or so and very sloppy with the ball and they built their 22 point lead. We played better D in the 2nd half until they ran away with it. Our sloppy play on offense continued, however, which led to too many wasted trips. We should have had a decent lead with about 8 or 9 minutes left. Then Frank came in...

When the ball gets into the paint, watch how many of our guys collapse to help out. Sometimes all of them. Leaving shooters wide open. Let Pascal defend the interior with one of the forwards and everyone else find a shooter.

When the ball gets into the paint, watch how many of our guys collapse to help out. Sometimes all of them. Leaving shooters wide open. Let Pascal defend the interior with one of the forwards and everyone else find a shooter.

I hear you, and I am nit an expert on how JB's zone works, but part of the magic of some zones is the ability to collapse and envelop a m**o... Pascal is good, but he isn't exactly Fab or whomever, and he is prone to foul trouble, so that adds to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom