81 Clem
93 NC St
84 ND
85 UNC
83 Va Tech
96 BC
----
522 or 87 PPG allowed

Obvious why JB is so perplexed and frustrated how poorly we pay defense on the road. We are allowing an average of 23 more points per game on the road. What a difference between our 6 home games vs our 6 away game's performance on defense.

Just crazy. This is the strangest thing I've seen. I can't understand why the defense is so affected by home/road. I could understand offense - not being comfortable, shooting background, etc. But our offense seems just fine on the road. Defense is the thing you always assume it will always be there for you. If we can make our home defense "portable" I think we will be a truly dangerous team in March.

I'm beginning to wonder if someone is adding saltpeter to the team's pre-game away meals.

Just crazy. This is the strangest thing I've seen. I can't understand why the defense is so affected by home/road. I could understand offense - not being comfortable, shooting background, etc. But our offense seems just fine on the road. Defense is the thing you always assume it will always be there for you. If we can make our home defense "portable" I think we will be a truly dangerous team in March.

Maybe it is a little bit of the shooting background in the Dome for opponents. There's no way that could account for all of that huge difference though, so like you say, it's perplexing.

Imagine if we could just hold teams to 70 on the road. Geez!

The eye test tells me it's effort. We looked swarming against god teams like Miami, FSU and UVA at home. Against weaker teams like BC, Clemson, and NC State I didn't think we had near the same effort on the defensive effort.

I honestly think teams just play better offensively at home. Is it possible that opponents are getting similar shots at home as they would in the Dome but they're hitting more of them?

I honestly think teams just play better offensively at home. Is it possible that opponents are getting similar shots at home as they would in the Dome but they're hitting more of them?

I don't know man. These shooting percentages we are allowing are astronomical. Very lucky to win those games and thankful that the offense has evolved, albeit just shooting tons of jumpers. I think it's effort like Cusefan0307 says. Guys are still wide open with nobody in the vicinity from 3 or under the basket constantly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom