Defensive 3 seconds | Syracusefan.com

Defensive 3 seconds

skurey

Living Legend
Make it happen. No more camping in the lane and falling down to draw a charge.

Isn't it offensive 3 seconds, defensive 5 seconds? Or is that in NBA?

I'm willing to change the defense if we don't have to witness all these charges.

Would also cut down on a lot of board arguments.

Win win.

only most charges occur from help defenders who aren't even in the lane that long to begin with. If you want to reduce charges, eliminate the entire concept of a charge when a non primary defender is the one trying to draw it.

when you are d'ing up the man in front of you so well that he has to run over you to get by you, that is good D and should be rewarded.

when a guy blows by a defender and some dude slides in front of him and flops to the ground (as most college charges seem to involve) that's not good defense, hell that's not even defense.

IF I AM ELECTED PRESIDENT, I WILL BRING AN END TO HELP DEFENDER CHARGES...

I'm willing to change the defense if we don't have to witness all these charges.

Win win.
We could cut down on all those charges if guys would pull up for an 8 foot jump shot instead of driving into somebody's chest.

I don't want a less talented version of the NBA.

These charges happen at the college level because kids aren't skilled enough to read the man sliding over and either finish around the help defense or pass to the help defenders man. In the NBA, charges like the ones we saw are much more rare.

Win win.

How about if guys just learn how to pull up and shot a mid range shot. There is something in between driving all the way to the rack and hoisting a three.

only most charges occur from help defenders who aren't even in the lane that long to begin with. If you want to reduce charges, eliminate the entire concept of a charge when a non primary defender is the one trying to draw it.

when you are d'ing up the man in front of you so well that he has to run over you to get by you, that is good D and should be rewarded.

when a guy blows by a defender and some dude slides in front of him and flops to the ground (as most college charges seem to involve) that's not good defense, hell that's not even defense.

IF I AM ELECTED PRESIDENT, I WILL BRING AN END TO HELP DEFENDER CHARGES...
This may be one of the greatest things I've ever read, and I've read Jurassic Park.

Basketball Defensive Theory 101. Day one, page one, item one. Defense is defending your basket.

Day two: review day one. Anyone who still doesn't understand can go back to the playground or the Y.

Everything else (defensively) works off that concept. Even M2M defenses sag into the lane, play help side and double the low post. Defenders will always be in the lane because that's where the basket is, and the ball is coming there. Get used to it.

If you want to score a basket, beat your man. Play better, harder, smarter and sooner. But stop asking for the rule book to get him out of your way.

Basketball Defensive Theory 101. Day one, page one, item one. Defense is defending your basket.

Day two: review day one. Anyone who still doesn't understand can go back to the playground or the Y.

Everything else (defensively) works off that concept. Even M2M defenses sag into the lane, play help side and double the low post. Defenders will always be in the lane because that's where the basket is, and the ball is coming there. Get used to it.

If you want to score a basket, beat your man. Play better, harder, smarter and sooner. But stop asking for the rule book to get him out of your way.

Agreed. Which is why I wish they’d stop rewarding defenders who aren’t trying to defend. Jumping in front of a driving player who is in the air is not defending. It’s dangerous and completely unathletic. And stop calling fouls on guys who jump straight up to contest/block shots just because an offensive player leaps into him.

Which unathletic stiff clown coaches and refs decided that blocking shots is bad but “taking charges” is good, is beyond me but it has had a huge negative effect on the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom