Deja Vu? | Syracusefan.com

Deja Vu?

Jake

Mod
This team and situation remind me soo much of 1986 its ucanny. I certainly hope for a better result, but when you compare the teams its remarkable:

Each team had two seniors with somewhat checkered careers (Addison-Alexis, Scooop-Kjo).
Each team had a sophomore foreign center just learning the game. (Seikaly - Melo).
Each team had a dynamic lead guard who often looked for his own shot more than setting up others (Pearl - Dion).
Each team had huge expectations going into the tournament (86 played at the dome, now we are a 1 seed)

It even carries over when comparing the following seasons.
Each team will hand the PG position to a back up pass first PG.(Sherm-MCW)
Each team will return solid role players who play well within the team concept (Monroe- Triche, Fair-Triche).
Each team will bring in the #1 rebounder/Shotblocker recruit in the country (fingers crossed) (DC-Noel).
Each team will have a Coleman and a Triche.

we better not run into david robinson jr in the 2nd round.

This team and situation remind me soo much of 1986 its ucanny. I certainly hope for a better result, but when you compare the teams its remarkable:

Each team had two seniors with somewhat checkered careers (Addison-Alexis, Scooop-Kjo).
Each team had a sophomore foreign center just learning the game. (Seikaly - Melo).
Each team had a dynamic lead guard who often looked for his own shot more than setting up others (Pearl - Dion).
Each team had huge expectations going into the tournament (86 played at the dome, now we are a 1 seed)

Each team will return solid role players who play well within the team concept (Monroe- Triche, Fair-Triche).
Each team will bring in the #1 rebounder/Shotblocker recruit in the country (fingers crossed) (DC-Noel).

Ugh

Kennedy's secretary was named Lincoln, and Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy.

I loved Pearl, but one of the reasons we lost that game was because the point guard from Navy was not even being guarded. Triche and Waiters are light years better defenders at the top of the zone that Pearl and Addison were.

Do you know something I don't know...?

Nice analysis and way to go to realize that these comparisons exist. Then I guess you're saying it's next year... ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom