Delone Carter appears to be rising from the dead | Syracusefan.com

Delone Carter appears to be rising from the dead

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
INDIANAPOLIS — The second of the two e’s in the first name of Indianapolis Colts running back Delone Carter is silent. And so was he through the first five games of the season.

But the past two Sundays, he has made a bit more noise in the Colts’ diminished backfield.

Credited with four carries during Indianapolis’ humbling 35-9 loss at the New York Jets, the second-year back out of Syracuse stepped it up with 11 runs for 41 yards in Sunday’s 17-13 home win against Cleveland.

“It was great just to get in there and contribute more. It was just a matter of time,” said Carter, who, at 5-foot-9, 238 pounds, runs low to the ground and delivers plenty of wallop in the process.

He regards himself as the perfect complement to rookie running back Vick Ballard, who has started the past two games.

“Vick can do it all,” Carter said, “but I think I’m a little more physical of a runner.”

It says you have to be a subscriber to read the rest of the story

Sounds like Carter kept working hard and when his number was called he made the best of it, I hope he can continue to get some snaps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom