Derrick Jones... | Syracusefan.com

Derrick Jones...

phillydad

Scout Team
I am not up on recruiting as many of you, with Richardson in should I still bother to check Jones out?

Last edited:
phillydad said:
I am not up on recruting as many of you, with Richardson in should I still bother to check Jones out?

Probably not.

It was Kentucky or Syracuse on Jones but we are out now I think

2-3zone said:

I don't think we're interested anymore.

Those numbers always work themselves out.

Briscoe is the only one I believe is out of the picture now. Richardson will probably be an SG. Jones would be an SF. First come first served.

Those numbers always work themselves out.

Well, I just don't think Grant or Ennis leave for the NBA after this year. Too many players in the last few years get drafted and then don't get any playing time. Too many players drop out of the NBA after a year or two.

At present he has no offer from Kentucky. Not saying he won't be offered just that he has not been yet.

Briscoe is the only one I believe is out of the picture now. Richardson will probably be an SG. Jones would be an SF. First come first served.

I agree with you on Briscoe. Both Richardson and Jones are 6'6". Richardson may be a SF by the time he graduates. I don't think Jones is going to be a priority. I think they will go after another big if possible assuming Grant leaves by 2015.

At present he has no offer from Kentucky. Not saying he won't be offered just that he has not been yet.

Jones is a freak athlete but needed to expand his bball skills which is something he hasn't done much of and certainly not at the same pace as his peers. He may start slipping in the rankings. I believe we were looking good to land Jones but backed off.

Lets just say there were some people shocked that he didn't commit to Kentucky after Big Blue Madness. Why? Nobody knows.

Both Richardson and Jones are 6'6". Richardson may be a SF by the time he graduates.

And Richardson has far better skills than Jones. As done TylerL who we also have committed already. We really don't need a 2 or 3 for 15 anymore.

And Richardson has far better skills than Jones. As done TylerL who we also have committed already. We really don't need a 2 or 3 for 15 anymore.

I agree with you. Richardson is 2 right now. But he may grow an inch or two by 2015. I think Grant leaves after next season. So I think the one or two remaining spots will probably go to a PF or Center. Bryant would be an awesome person to get but that would be just an amazing recruiting class.

I agree with you on Briscoe. Both Richardson and Jones are 6'6". Richardson may be a SF by the time he graduates. I don't think Jones is going to be a priority. I think they will go after another big if possible assuming Grant leaves by 2015.

I don't disagree with that, but do not think he is totally out just yet. In any case it's great to be Orange these days.

I don't disagree with that, but do not think he is totally out just yet. In any case it's great to be Orange these days.

"great" is just not a strong enough adjective!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom