Deshaun Thomas vs CJ Fair | Syracusefan.com

Deshaun Thomas vs CJ Fair

Gabjon

All American
Thomas is rated higher than CJ, but I don't see it. CJ is a half inch taller, a better athlete IMO, shoots a higher percentage from the fg and 3fg and is a better rebounder. They are the same age both are lefties without a right hand so why Thomas rated so much higher than CJ as per draftexpress?

CJ
Thomas

Probably depends when they updated it last. They'll both be 2nd round draf tpicks in their respective drafts

Per nbadraft.net CJ fair is projected 17th right behind Jerami Grant, who was 16

only thing going against CJ is he is closer to 6'6 then 6'8

Probably depends when they updated it last. They'll both be 2nd round draf tpicks in their respective drafts

They're both Juniors...

Per nbadraft.net CJ fair is projected 17th right behind Jerami Grant, who was 16

only thing going against CJ is he is closer to 6'6 then 6'8
I sat next to CJ flying from Baltimore to Syracuse and talked to him in the terminal. He is definitely taller than 6'6".

I sat next to CJ flying from Baltimore to Syracuse and talked to him in the terminal. He is definitely taller than 6'6".

i can't remember which episode it was on the Mike and CJ show, but they measured Mike, Dajuan, and CJ without shoes on and I thought CJ was 6'6 and a half? I could be wrong, but I remember being kind of surprised he wasn't taller.

All basketball players are measured the same way. So if Draftexpress list CJ at 6-7.5" with shoes and Thomas a 6-7" with shoes than CJ is taller than Thomas regardless of there actual heights.

Three reasons I take Thomas over Fair...

1. Thomas is much better off the dribble from the perimeter. He attacks the rim with a purpose and doesn't get stripped nearly as much as CJ.
2. Thomas has a much quicker jumper which he can hit on the move... CJ has a very very slow release that needs plenty of time to get off and CJ has basically a set shot at this point.
3. You take away CJ's left hand he is toast... Granted I don't watch much OSU but I haven't seen a glaring weakness like that in Thomas's game

Thomas just has an offensive fluidity to his game that CJ doesn't, CJ is not a natural scorer while Thomas is a much more complete offensive player. I love CJ but he's got some work to do this off season.

Thomas can create better. Fair is a better defender,

Thomas can create better. Fair is a better defender,

Not as far as NBA guys are concerned... CJ has played zone his whole career which doesn't count as far as the NBA is concerned. Thomas has played man to man at OSU the whole time. We've heard so many NBA teams say "we'll have to teach him how to play defense" about so many Syracuse players.

Three reasons I take Thomas over Fair...

1. Thomas is much better off the dribble from the perimeter. He attacks the rim with a purpose and doesn't get stripped nearly as much as CJ.
2. Thomas has a much quicker jumper which he can hit on the move... CJ has a very very slow release that needs plenty of time to get off and CJ has basically a set shot at this point.
3. You take away CJ's left hand he is toast... Granted I don't watch much OSU but I haven't seen a glaring weakness like that in Thomas's game

Thomas just has an offensive fluidity to his game that CJ doesn't, CJ is not a natural scorer while Thomas is a much more complete offensive player. I love CJ but he's got some work to do this off season.

Pretty hard to make this post given the highlight fact, but Thomas cannot use his right any better than CJ and commits more TOs than CJ he does average more assist and is a better passer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom