DI Council approves transition of National Letter of Intent program into NCAA signing and recruiting rules | Syracusefan.com

DI Council approves transition of National Letter of Intent program into NCAA signing and recruiting rules

Somewhat related--Details on portal changes.

National Letter of Intent​

The council also adopted changes to NCAA signing rules that transition the National Letter of Intent program protections into signing and recruiting rules, effective immediately. The change was made at the recommendation of the Conference Commissioners Association, which previously had administrative oversight of the NLI program.

Moving forward, written offers of athletics aid will replace the NLI, and the previous formula for determining signing dates will be applied to those written offers. Transfer prospects may be signed by a new school once their names are permissibly entered in the Transfer Portal. After a prospect signs a written offer of athletics aid, other schools that offer athletically related financial aid will be prohibited from recruiting communications with that prospect.

I like this change. I also like reducing the transfer window to 30 days. I think that they both favor strong recruiters and schools with a good culture. I believe that Fran will continue to crush it.

At what point do we get negotiated 1-4 year deals that include buyouts for transfer or early entry?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom