Did anyone hear Digger Phelps on the 6pm SportsCenter it was funny | Syracusefan.com

Did anyone hear Digger Phelps on the 6pm SportsCenter it was funny

Alsacs

Living Legend
He said Villanova is not a 1 seed because they lost to Creighton twice and at ACC school Syracuse. Then he said without Villanova as a 1 seed he would give it one of these five schools Kansas, Wisconsin, Michigan, Duke, or Virginia. I honestly don't get how these analysts can't realize the committee doesn't overact to 2 losses they look at your entire resume.

Right now we have the top ACC resume. MSG will come down to Duke-Syracuse on Saturday IMO. The winner of that game will get the East region.

Everyone get ready, if we get the 1 seed, for most of the conversation on the Selection Show with the committee head to revolve around 'Why did you give Syracuse a 1 seed???????????'

orange79 said:
Everyone get ready, if we get the 1 seed, for most of the conversation on the Selection Show with the committee head to revolve around 'Why did you give Syracuse a 1 seed???????????'

Seth Greenberg just said that Cuse is a one seed if they win out.

He said Villanova is not a 1 seed because they lost to Creighton twice and at ACC school Syracuse. Then he said without Villanova as a 1 seed he would give it one of these five schools Kansas, Wisconsin, Michigan, Duke, or Virginia. I honestly don't get how these analysts can't realize the committee doesn't overact to 2 losses they look at your entire resume.

Right now we have the top ACC resume. MSG will come down to Duke-Syracuse on Saturday IMO. The winner of that game will get the East region.

Alsacs, did you mean to say that Duke would get the #1 seed if they beat us, or that they would play in the East region? Because I can't imagine how they would get a #1.

Yeah, definitely give it to Kansas...whom Villanova beat straight up.

What happened to
body-of-work.png

Did he happen to mention the bad losses suffered by Michigan and Wisconsin? Why are they even in the discussion?

With the Nova loss, SU, Duke or UVA gets the 1 in the East if they win the ACCT. If a UNC were to win it, I can see Michigan or Lville depending on if they win out.

I don't really have a problem with Louisville, Michigan, Kansas, or UVA getting preferential treatment if they win their tournaments. Pulling a double is something that shouldn't be ignored.

With the Nova loss, SU, Duke or UVA gets the 1 in the East if they win the ACCT. If a UNC were to win it, I can see Michigan or Lville depending on if they win out.

If Duke got a one even after winning the ACC tournament they may as well skip the regular season because it would mean NOTHING. 7 road/neutral losses and 11-5 against the top 100 compared to 15-2 for us. Take their name off the front of their jersey and replace it with Someone like Nc state and they are a four seed. Only reason people are talking about the potential of Kansas and Duke as ones is because of their name. Do a blind profile comparison and it isn't even close.

Cusefan0307 said:
If Duke got a one even after winning the ACC tournament they may as well skip the regular season because it would mean NOTHING. 7 road/neutral losses and 11-5 against the top 100 compared to 15-2 for us. Take their name off the front of their jersey and replace it with Someone like Nc state and they are a four seed. Only reason people are talking about the potential of Kansas and Duke as ones is because of their name. Do a blind profile comparison and it isn't even close.

If they win the ACCT they still have 7 losses while we would have 5. I can see it.

If they win the ACCT they still have 7 losses while we would have 5. I can see it.

If it happens it would be a travesty. Stay away from the Lunardi coolade bees.

Seth Greenberg just said that Cuse is a one seed if they win out.
If SU wins the ACCT, they will be 30-4. It will prove they are back on track and an elite team, and that the mini slump is a distant memory and no longer relevant. In this case, I agree that Cuse should be a #1. If VA wins ACCT, then they get the #1. If Duke wins it, then it's down to either them or Ville if Ville wins AACT. Still see Kansas as a 2, no matter what.

If it happens it would be a travesty. Stay away from the Lunardi coolade bees.

Lunardi is a fool. I am not.

Duke wins the ACCT. MSU wins the B10T, and let's even say UConn wins the AACT. Who gets the 4th #1 seed?

I don't really have a problem with Louisville, Michigan, Kansas, or UVA getting preferential treatment if they win their tournaments. Pulling a double is something that shouldn't be ignored.

Why should lville get preferential treatment? Their resume is weak, and if they win their conference tourney, they would have beaten Rutgers and Houston on the way there.

Why are you dismissing Wisconsin?

They are ahead of Duke, Virginia, Michigan and Louisville if they win out.

Lunardi is a fool. I am not.

Duke wins the ACCT. MSU wins the B10T, and let's even say UConn wins the AACT. Who gets the 4th #1 seed?

Does Kansas win the B12? Because in that scenario they are ahead of the ACC Champion Duke.

A difference of 2 losses between us and Duke, has been that "toss up" equilibrium point for me since the beginning of February. I think it could go either way in that scenario, but I lean with the committee going to Duke because they took 2 out of 3 from us in that case.

The equalizer to some degree for the 2 losses, is that Duke played 3 elite teams OOC (going 1-2), and Syracuse played 1 elite team. Will the committee punish teams for scheduling more elite games?

Alsacs, did you mean to say that Duke would get the #1 seed if they beat us, or that they would play in the East region? Because I can't imagine how they would get a #1.
Duke would be the 2 seed in the East if they beat us. I think Wisky, Michigan, Villanova or Kansas would be the 1 seed in the East if Duke beat us.