Did anyone notice this on JB's framed award last night? | Syracusefan.com

Did anyone notice this on JB's framed award last night?

iommi

Living Legend
During ESPN2's coverage of the post-game ceremony, I took a close look at the giant framed award and a few of the hand-written congratulatory notes signed to JB from his players and his staff.

Under what I'm almost positive was Michael Gbinije's it said something like, "Congrats on the 900 wins, coach, and thank you for the second chance." I just thought that was was very interesting. Here's a kid who went to Duke, played there a year...it's obviously a great program, he didn't get a lot of run and he transferred here with his coach's blessings.

I'm not trying to read to much into it all, but I thought that the "second chance" part was interesting. Is the inference that he felt like he wasn't given a chance at Duke? It of course could be just referring to this being his second college program.

Regardless, that was a nice personal touch from Silent G. It must mean he's happy in Orange. Hopefully, he can be a nice contributor in games next year and beyond.

I recall his stating that JB runs a freer system. I took that to mean he'll be allowed to play the game in his more natural style.

Didn't we recruit him out of HS? Pretty sure it refers JB taking him after he said no to us already in favor of Duke previously.
Oh, I didn't realize that. Thanks. Makes sense.