Did anyone on the board attend the 1989 game we played in Tokyo, Japan against Louisville? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Did anyone on the board attend the 1989 game we played in Tokyo, Japan against Louisville?

It was the only game he ever played.

He was a terrific player.
He must have played in at least one other game. Garbage time, maybe? His career stats on www.sports-reference.com say he was 5-6 for his career. The box score I posted above says he was 4-4 in the Louisville game in Japan.

He must have played in at least one other game. Garbage time, maybe? His career stats on www.sports-reference.com say he was 5-6 for his career. The box score I posted above says he was 4-4 in the Louisville game in Japan.

I guess I may be wrong but I seem to recall that that game was it for him.

I can't think of any other game in which he played.

I know he didn't play in the Peach Bowl that year.

I remember listening to it on the radio. The coming out and bon voyage party for Wendel Lowery.

Buddy P wrote that "In life there are Gladys Knights and then there are Pips. Marvin Graves is Gladys Knight and the other guys are Pips.

Great OP! Had no idea. As someone who just turned 40, my memories really begin with the Marvin Graves years. That Aloha Bowl against Arizona is a really vivid starting memory for me.

I still have my commemorative cup!

Great win for the Orange that day!

Coca Cola Bowl Cup.jpg

Last edited:
My database says 5-5 for 181 in that game, i also have 1-1 against temple that year. i would have to dig a little deeper to see if he played in some other games but didnt run or throw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom