Did anyone see the breaking news... | Syracusefan.com

Did anyone see the breaking news...

sufandu

Living Legend
... espn had going on the bottom line yesterday? It was some pretty crazy stuff. Pay close attention because this "news" could determine the whole landscape of NBA free agency this off season. It was reported that Carmelo Anthony had not, I repeat, NOT officially eliminated any team as a signing option. I know many of you had been pining away for that announcement so, you're welcome.

cool story.jpg

Some actual breaking news is this 3 team Cleveland trade where they take back zero salary...shots fired.

Here. We. Go...

Getting rid of Jack's 6M+ salary is big. Probably means Dion is staying unless they package him to bring in another All-Star type guy.

... espn had going on the bottom line yesterday? It was some pretty crazy stuff. Pay close attention because this "news" could determine the whole landscape of NBA free agency this off season. It was reported that Carmelo Anthony had not, I repeat, NOT officially eliminated any team as a signing option. I know many of you had been pining away for that announcement so, you're welcome.

I knew he was just waiting for the Timberwolves to make their move!

So why are the Nets helping the Cavs clear cap space to get LeBron? Typical Nets. BTW that trade for Pierce and Garnett for 3 #1's will go down as one of the stupidest trades...especially if Pierce walks as a free agent after just 1 season.

I really hope the report that Melo is waiting for Lebron to make a decision is false. If that's true, weakkkk bro. Sack up and make a decision. I never pegged Melo to be a little ***** like that.

LeBron meeting with Riley in Las Vegas. The result of that will start the dominoes falling

SAS just said Melo decision will be made within next 24 hours and it would be a shock if it wasnt the Knicks.

This Lebron/Cleveland thing feels like Lucy/Charlie Brown type deal. If he pulls the ball again...oh, those poor sad sacks in Cleveland

I really hope the report that Melo is waiting for Lebron to make a decision is false. If that's true, weakkkk bro. Sack up and make a decision. I never pegged Melo to be a little ***** like that.
Bosh reportedly is willing to pass on Houston's max and take $30 million less to stay in Miami in LeBron. He's that special. Carmelo needn't rush, can't sign till tomorrow anyway. He's smart to wait.

Bosh reportedly is willing to pass on Houston's max and take $30 million less to stay in Miami in LeBron. He's that special. Carmelo needn't rush, can't sign till tomorrow anyway. He's smart to wait.
Bosh is such a clown. Taking $30 mil less to stand in the corner on offense and ride Lebron's coattails.. Dude is the opposite of an alpha-male.

Really? Why should he make a 4 or 5 year decision before he even knows what his options are? It's common sense for Melo to wait. He'd be stupid to make a decision right now.

Bosh is such a clown. Taking $30 mil less to stand in the corner on offense and ride Lebron's coattails.. Dude is the opposite of an alpha-male.
Clown? I'd say, from all appearances, he's a pretty well-adjusted, wise individual who realizes he can be happy with $60 million or so. I'd dare say he's already banked enough in his career to be on easy street. He wants to win, play at the highest level, and, maybe hard for you to believe since you apparently are an authority on alpha dogs, feels he'll be far happier with LBJ and some new running mates than taking more money he doesn't need to play with a ball hog like Harden who's clueless on defense and a head case like Howard. Money does not always translate to happiness, nor does it make someone an alpha dog, Hoops is a team sport, not one-on-one or Horse.

This is just my opinion but if I were Bosh I would try to find max money and pave my own way. He has two rings so why not go out and prove you can be the top dog on a team and not just lebrons sidekick. However I do agree that houston wouldn't be my first choice because of Howard and Harden.

This is just my opinion but if I were Bosh I would try to find max money and pave my own way. He has two rings so why not go out and prove you can be the top dog on a team and not just lebrons sidekick. However I do agree that houston wouldn't be my first choice because of Howard and Harden.
He was the top dog for years in Toronto. He's clearly well-enough adjusted to be happy making more money in one season that you and I will make in our lives while being a part of something special.

He was the top dog for years in Toronto. He's clearly well-enough adjusted to be happy making more money in one season that you and I will make in our lives while being a part of something special.
I'm definitely not saying he's not well adjusted, from everything I have heard from and about him is that he seems like a nice enough person, but like I said its just my opinion if I was in his shoes to see how I could do since the stint with the raptors wasn't really a success. Plus the extra money is always nice.

I'm definitely not saying he's not well adjusted, from everything I have heard from and about him is that he seems like a nice enough person, but like I said its just my opinion if I was in his shoes to see how I could do since the stint with the raptors wasn't really a success. Plus the extra money is always nice.
He's made more than $120 million already in his career, minus agent fees, etc. http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/boshch01.html He earns an estimated $2 million a year from endorsements. His stint with the Raptors. as you point out, wasn't a success from a team standpoint, his stint with the Heat has been a resounding success, so. if LeBron stays and Riley does some meaningful tweaking, why leave? I'm sure Bosh can be as happy, even happier, making $15 or $16 mill a year in Miami than he could be making $22 mill a year in Houston.

Nets Mets Jets all peas in a pod.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom