Did Chucky set a record last night | Syracusefan.com

Did Chucky set a record last night

Madbiker

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
Fouled in 7 minutes of playing time. His 5th foul -- where he tripped over a fallen Duke player in the backcourt -- is hysterical. You can tell he never saw the guy on the floor and tripped over him and got the whistle.

After his monster game in Cameron and a defensively dominant game against Pitt, I am SHOCKED that he spent the whole game on the bench in Zion’s big TV showcase comeback game. SHOCKED I say.

Screw this league, refs, and that TV company.

Why couldn’t the Big East make it?
Because of football
Oh
Well if Pa State was in with Pitt Wva Louisville Bc Navy ND ?
Water over the dam
Pee on Acc
Same with the ESPEE

conrad mcrae always got his $$$ worth before exiting early. be a few bruises and balls swatted into the 5th row.

Conrad was such an exciting player. Highlight reel dunks and blocked shots.

It’s a shame he couldn’t play in the tournament his senior year because that’s when he really came into his own as a player.

They are largely forgotten as they didn’t win the league or make any deep runs or have any NBA stars, but those Conrad, Hopkins, Autry, Moten 91-92/92-93 teams were some of my favorites. They played with a lot of heart. They did make two memorable Big East Tournament runs, at least.

Conrad was such an exciting player. Highlight reel dunks and blocked shots.

It’s a shame he couldn’t play in the tournament his senior year because that’s when he really came into his own as a player.

They are largely forgotten as they didn’t win the league or make any deep runs or have any NBA stars, but those Conrad, Hopkins, Autry, Moten 91-92/92-93 teams were some of my favorites. They played with a lot of heart. They did make two memorable Big East Tournament runs, at least.

Agree - those teams kept the program going strongly when that wasn't a guarantee during the first probation.

Fouled in 7 minutes of playing time. His 5th foul -- where he tripped over a fallen Duke player in the backcourt -- is hysterical. You can tell he never saw the guy on the floor and tripped over him and got the whistle.
Actually that should’ve been an offensive foul. Jones stuck his rear out and PC stumbled over him. Was such a BS call but hardly unexpected.

Agree - those teams kept the program going strongly when that wasn't a guarantee during the first probation.

Yup. I still remember a college basketball magazine(I want to say street and smith’s) predicting them to go 15-14 or something like that in 91/92.

We soundly beat Florida State at home when they had Cassell, Ward, Sura, and Doug Edwards early in the year and everyone was saying “who is this Moten kid?”

Loved that team.

i believe moten was a recruiting afterthought. he was the ex DB who roomed with marvin graves.

i believe moten was a recruiting afterthought. he was the ex DB who roomed with marvin graves.

Yeah from what I recall, Anthony Harris and Lazarus Sims had all the hype coming in.

Yeah from what I recall, Anthony Harris and Lazarus Sims had all the hype coming in.
A then he hits the court and he's like a finished product as a scorer from day one.

If the football schools had stuck together and split off from the Big East, they could have picked off some ACC teams when the BIG10 came for a raid and things would be much better than being scammed by the Tobacco Road mob.

I helped Micheal Brown (CNS/Providence) get a qualifying score on his SAT. I happened to speak with his HS coach during that time. I asked why SU was not recruiting Michael. The coach said JB thought they had an All American caliber backcourt with Harris and Sims.

I helped Micheal Brown (CNS/Providence) get a qualifying score on his SAT. I happened to speak with his HS coach during that time. I asked why SU was not recruiting Michael. The coach said JB thought they had an All American caliber backcourt with Harris and Sims.

Ha. That’s interesting.

Harris did little at SU, but eventually became a big time player at Hawaii.

Sims didn’t really became a contributor until his 4th year at SU, and then had a great 5th year senior season as the floor general of a national title game team.

Brown had a solid career at Providence where he contributed for 4 years.

Consider we still had Autry for a couple more years at the time those guys were being recruited.

And we eventually brought in Michael Lloyd as a JC transfer during that era.

All of those guys could play.

nyc legend stephon marbury also told anybody who would listen he was going to syracuse. that helped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom