Did Joe Buck's call do justice to David Tyree's catch? | Syracusefan.com

Did Joe Buck's call do justice to David Tyree's catch?

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
David+Tyree+James+Sanders+Super+Bowl+XLII+8Xsd9LO_uBBl.jpg

How does it compare to other great moments in sports and how the announcer called the play?

the_shot_celebration288_display_image.jpg

For example the Russ Hodges call of the Bobby Thompson home run, " The shot heard around the world" the Giants win the pennant, the Giants win the pennant etc, etc or Howard Cossell's "Down goes Frazier, Down goes Frazier, etc"

I know that Hodges was a homer and the homerun ended the game.

Foreman-knocks-down-Frazier.jpg

Frazier went down in the first round but got back up only to go down five more times in the 2 round fight.

Didn't that catch by Tyree deserve just a little bit more juice? After all and in retrospect it has gone down as the greatest catch ever in a Super Bowl. It looked like the gratest catch at the time too. Joe Buck almost treats it like any other catch. Sounds like he was bored.

Judge for yourself, but I think it was dull.

I have said this many times. This by far was the WORST call of any major sporting event-big play in the history of sports on television. The worst. No emotion, nothing. If that was Gus Johnson, Dick Enberg, Al Michaels, Brent Musburger, name your play by play guy it would have been a ridiculous call.

Buck is the worst broadcaster in sports today and I hope he dies a slow death.

If it was a Patriot that caught it, Joe Buck would have creamed himself. I may be paranoid but he seems to take a delight every time a NY team loses. Suck it Joe Buck!

I for one am glad not to have to listed to Buck/Aikman for the Super Bowl this year.

I'm not a big Buck fan but we seriously comparing national calls to local homer calls and expecting the same excitement?