did katz even say the word syracuse tonight? | Syracusefan.com

did katz even say the word syracuse tonight?

I was curious if he interviewed anyone after our game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Patrick: We go courtside to Andy Katz, who was just kicked square in the nuts by Jim Boeheim. Andy?
Andy Katz: Ugnghnnnnn...uuuuhhhhh...ooooffhhch...mmmmwwwhhhhh...ghhch...
Mike Patrick: Thanks for that, Andy!

He was so scared to be around JB that at halftime he hung around eavesdropping on the Pitt locker room. Can't say I remember a game where the sideline reporter interviewed a coach at the beginning of halftime and then at the start of the second half gave an update about the adjustments the same team was going to make.

Mike Patrick: We go courtside to Andy Katz, who was just kicked square in the nuts by Jim Boeheim. Andy?

Addendum:

Mike Patrick: Against all odds Andy Katz has recovered to ask another question.

except patrick called him trent habersham

Good chance Katz was told by SU that all players and coaches would be off limits this week

Good chance Katz was told by SU that all players and coaches would be off limits this week
JB should have told him to talk to the ball boys and take their word for it, since that seems to be what ESPN likes to do when it comes to SU anyway.

Except I think they phrased it "Go yourself Andy."

JB should have told him to talk to the ball boys and take their word for it, since that seems to be what ESPN likes to do when it comes to SU anyway.

Not sure you should go there.

Ah, so much unspoken drama in the SU-Pitt broadcast. . .

Patrick cuts to Katz at the half for the traditional walking-off-the-court interview with the coach who's leading. . .

[Oops, that would have been Boeheim, but we know he's going to be unavailable to Katz. Shift to Plan B and interview Jamie Dixon! How does a coach like to be interviewed when his team is getting bombed in the first half?]

But Dixon handled himself well. Wonder if he knew why he was being interviewed instead of JB?

Then another interview with the winning coach would have been customary after the game.

[Oops, ESPN has to bail and cut to NFL free agent news. Could have sent Len Elmore down to talk to JB and Southerland, but no, just an abrupt and awkward cutaway.]

Congrats to Katz for being the Invisible Man on the announcing team.-VBOF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom