Did SU fans buy up all the GTown tix already? | Syracusefan.com

Did SU fans buy up all the GTown tix already?

K

kingottoiii

Or did GTown pull them back? Might want to be careful and not donate until you know for sure there are tix available. I just checked the 5 and 8 game mini plans and the SU game has been pulled from both.

Further proof of just how smalltime they are.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

For whatever its worth, when I tried to buy the tickets this morning, there weren't a whole lot of tickets that were marked available.

Can the school give that website some of the donation money for a re-design of that god awful website. Jesus I feel like I should be playing the original DOOM when I see that thing.

I made my donation this morning and emailed them about 10 times before they finally responded.

Got my username/password around 5pm and just went in and got tickets. Not many good ones left. Mostly behind the basket and the top 4-5 rows. I got my 8 in section 408.

Or did GTown pull them back? Might want to be careful and not donate until you know for sure there are tix available. I just checked the 5 and 8 game mini plans and the SU game has been pulled from both.
Kingottoiii is mistaken. You can still buy tickets for the Georgetown game. Even better, you don't have to buy a 5 game package to get access to Syracuse tickets.

The SU game is no longer part of the 5 game package on the first page of ticket options. However, if you go down to the bottom (page 26) of the options for buying tickets, it is possible to buy tickets for the Syracuse game only. I just bought 4 in section 420 ($55 each) (at 6:35 AM on Wednesday morning). It appears there are still lots of tickets still available, surely more than one thousand.

If you haven't bought tickets yet and are thinking about it, go for it. Make the Verizon Center a sea of orange.

You have to spend $50 to become a Hoya booster, but then (after exchanging emails or calling them a few times), you can buy up to 8 tickets for the SU game. They cost $55 each. Not a bad price to see the end of one of the great rivalries in Syracuse basketball history.

Kingottoiii is mistaken. You can still buy tickets for the Georgetown game. Even better, you don't have to buy a 5 game package to get access to Syracuse tickets.

The SU game is no longer part of the 5 game package on the first page of ticket options. However, if you go down to the bottom (page 26) of the options for buying tickets, it is possible to buy tickets for the Syracuse game only. I just bought 4 in section 420 ($55 each) (at 6:35 AM on Wednesday morning). It appears there are still lots of tickets still available, surely more than one thousand.

If you haven't bought tickets yet and are thinking about it, go for it. Make the Verizon Center a sea of orange.

You have to spend $50 to become a Hoya booster, but then (after exchanging emails or calling them a few times), you can buy up to 8 tickets for the SU game. They cost $55 each. Not a bad price to see the end of one of the great rivalries in Syracuse basketball history.

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/guhoyas/EN/buy/browse
Only 25 options are showing up now - no Syracuse. Perhaps I shouldn't have put this off.

That is weird. I just went in again and see this in the lower right hand corner:

1 - 10 of 26 | next »

And option 26 is the Syracuse game, labeled Special Offer.
Just as a complete educated guess (in my opinion), since you're logged in already and a donor Tom, you probably have access to buying single game tickets to the Syracuse vs. Georgetown game.

When I just tried it (being logged in as a guest) I'm unable to see the Syracuse game as well. I would assume that if your account is flagged as a donor you have certain privileges.

I would suggest you logging out Tom, then trying to revisit the page as a guest and see what you're able to buy.

Also, as Tom suggested, perhaps for people that are interested in going to the game should get together and pitch in for the money to become a donor, then split the ticket cost. This would be better than 15 different people becoming a donor and only buying two tickets a piece.

Just as a complete educated guess (in my opinion), since you're logged in already and a donor Tom, you probably have access to buying single game tickets to the Syracuse vs. Georgetown game.

When I just tried it (being logged in as a guest) I'm unable to see the Syracuse game as well. I would assume that if your account is flagged as a donor you have certain privileges.

I would suggest you logging out Tom, then trying to revisit the page as a guest and see what you're able to buy.
That is absolutely true. You can't buy tickets to the SU game unless you make a donation of at minimum $50 to Dear Old Georgetown. I think I explained the required steps (which have been explained in other earlier threads) early in this thread. Make the donation, and eventually someone from GTown will okay it, send you an email with instructions on how to sign in and order your tickets. You have to use the user name they provide you with to get privileges to buy tickets to the SU game.

Anyway, I want people to know that if you are willing to spend $50 to become a Hoya Booster, you can still order tickets and you don't have to buy them as part of a 5 game package.

OK, thanks, guys. I'm logged in, but I haven't donated yet. Makes more sense now.

Looking to buy 4 tickets if anyone wants to split the $50 donation and take the other 4 tickets...

Looking to buy 4 tickets if anyone wants to split the $50 donation and take the other 4 tickets...

I can't move on this today (heading up to the game in a bit), but I'd be very interested in splitting the donation and taking 4.

I can't move on this today (heading up to the game in a bit), but I'd be very interested in splitting the donation and taking 4.
Cool lets make it happen. I feel guilty giving Georgetown any money, but if we can join forces at least they'll get $50 less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom