Did SU Recruit THE ROCK? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Did SU Recruit THE ROCK?

Going into that year I believe we were preseason Top 10 after a very good 92 season, 10-2, Fiesta Bowl champs. The team didn’t live up to expectations and got blown out by not only Miami but wvu in the dome.
Edit: just looked it up. #6/7 preseason. Rose to #4 in the coaches poll week 3. Finished 6-4-1...disappointing that season but I think we would all take that record in 2021!
The following year in response to the 1993 season, I believe no player for a few seasons after had their name printed on the back of their jersey. They also would not give out #1. Coach P always preached with team success comes individual honors. That 93 team had too many individuals who thought the stats they had were more important.

That kind of old school approach always gets me going. I love stuff like that and wonder what would happen if they made that decision today. How would the players respond?

I bought it to only read the article.
Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

The Dome was a madhouse for those games.

We were good at being people's 2nd rival (Miami, West Virginia, Virginia Tech).

Those first 7 years of Big East football were a lot of fun. 5 competitive teams that really looked forward to playing each other (Miami, SU, VT, WVU, BC). And then 3 sh!tbirds who just cashed checks and barely tried (Pitt, RU, Temple).

Starting the season with a baked in 3-0 makes the lack of a 10 win season during the McNabb years inexcusable.

Over scheduling was a factor too. For example, playing at Michigan, at N.C. State, and Tennessee is a pretty crazy OOC schedule.

1998 yes. Jake is not off the hook for the schedule. The real missed opportunity was 1997. Destoyed Wisconsin. While Oklahoma is name program they sucked in '97. NC St. loss is all on the twins. I would have loved to seen SU in those years play a Beamer schedule.

And then 3 sh!tbirds who just cashed checks and barely tried (Pitt, RU, Temple).
And we got massive crowds for those early 90s games against Rutgers and Temple. We had 49k for Rutgers in 1992.

After that Wisconsin win in the Kickoff Classic, I thought we were on our way to the national title.

Why did we give the ball to Dee Brown?!?!

And we scored 7 on the first offensive play of the game. Then went up 14-0.

It was a really really bad dream.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom