Did UConn schedule this game at Gampel | Syracusefan.com

Did UConn schedule this game at Gampel

Don't you have to have games on campus in order to have Gameday come? Isn't that why Nova played a big game on campus a few years ago instead of at the Wachovia Center?

to avoid having to see 8,000 screaming Orange fans at the XL Center?
ESPN scheduled it because they wanted to have a "Game Day" there. Hartford is not a good place for a game day because they can't fill it with students all day. ESPN likes on-campus "Game Days."

The XL is awful. There are about 12 other teams in the BE that have better home court advantage than UConn does at XL.

Don't you have to have games on campus in order to have Gameday come? Isn't that why Nova played a big game on campus a few years ago instead of at the Wachovia Center?

ESPN scheduled it because they wanted to have a "Game Day" there. Hartford is not a good place for a game day because they can't fill it with students all day. ESPN likes on-campus "Game Days."

I know you're both right but the thought of having an opposing team dominate the home teams gameday on ESPN would've been stellar.

That being said, I'm still going to go with "UConn was scared of being overrun by Syracuse fans on national TV" to any UConn fans.;)

Funny stuff. I've been to every UCONN/Cuse game at the HCC/XL Center in the past 25 years. You always have your regular crowd behind the visitor's bench, lead by Joyce, of course, but otherwise, there were Orange fans spread out amongst the 16K, maybe a few hundred max.

Funny stuff. I've been to every UCONN/Cuse game at the HCC/XL Center in the past 25 years. You always have your regular crowd behind the visitor's bench, lead by Joyce, of course, but otherwise, there were Orange fans spread out amongst the 16K, maybe a few hundred max.

I'd imagine it's a tough ticket to get.

Dude UConn is a top 10 program for sure, but cmon I was at the XL center last year on the Wednesday nite and the building wasn't sold out and their were probably between 2-3K Orange fans there. You guys don't let us take over your building like most BE teams, but don't make it out like the XL center is sold out New England and NYC Orange fans are usually at the XL center, but when you guys play the game at Gampel (4 times I believe) there is no Orange there because its half as big as the XL center.

Dude UConn is a top 10 program for sure, but cmon I was at the XL center last year on the Wednesday nite and the building wasn't sold out and their were probably between 2-3K Orange fans there. You guys don't let us take over your building like most BE teams, but don't make it out like the XL center is sold out New England and NYC Orange fans are usually at the XL center, but when you guys play the game at Gampel (4 times I believe) there is no Orange there because its half as big as the XL center.

The paid attendance for last season's UCONN/Cuse came at the XL was 16,294. That's a sell-out. I don't know if you remember the lousy weather that day, but being that we don't live in the cold, white north, I'm sure some stayed away & watched the game on ESPN.

I'm sorry, but no visiting team has ever brought 2-3K fans into Hartford for a UCONN game in the recent past. Honestly, I would say the largest contingent of visiting fans in the past decade had to be our UNC game.

The paid attendance for last season's UCONN/Cuse came at the XL was 16,294. That's a sell-out. I don't know if you remember the lousy weather that day, but being that we don't live in the cold, white north, I'm sure some stayed away & watched the game on ESPN.

I'm sorry, but no visiting team has ever brought 2-3K fans into Hartford for a UCONN game in the recent past. Honestly, I would say the largest contingent of visiting fans in the past decade had to be our UNC game.

Interesting. SU fans certainly fill at BC...Rutgers...MSG... Why would Hartford be any different?

At gampel now...more than an hour before tip. Orange scattered and huskies giving grief to every proud orange that walks by.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom