Did we really sell our soul to the devil 10 years ago. | Syracusefan.com

Did we really sell our soul to the devil 10 years ago.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
I feel like the last nine seasons has been like living in a batman movie. It's sad cause this is my most favorite time of the sports year. Once the Super Bowl is over it's all about college basketball for February and March. Now, I don't even want to know what is going to come next.

th
th
th
th
th

I just made this comment. I know i did. I remember saying as long as we beat kansas i didnt care if we went into a tailspin. This program is fu cking cursed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just made this comment. I know i did. I remember saying as long as we beat kansas i didnt care if we went into a tailspin. This program is fu cking cursed

So it's all your fault. Not Bernie Fine's, Not Josh Wright, Not Dashawn Wright, Not Mookie Jones, Not Mike Jones, Not Devin McBride, Not Sean Williams, Not Roger Springfield, Not Billy Edelin, Not Stan Kissel, Not Mark Konecny, Not Anthony Davis, Not Nerlens Noel.

So it's all your fault. Not Bernie Fine's, Not Josh Wright, Not Dashawn Wright, Not Mookie Jones, Not Mike Jones, Not Devin McBride, Not Sean Williams, Not Roger Springfield, Not Billy Edelin, Not Stan Kissel, Not Mark Konecny, Not Anthony Davis, Not Nerlens Noel.
My fault

I know me and Jake did.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

I feel like the last nine seasons has been like living in a batman movie. It's sad cause this is my most favorite time of the sports year. Once the Super Bowl is over it's all about college basketball for February and March. Now, I don't even want to know what is going to come next.

th
th
th
th
th
Hey, that's old school batman stuff! Used to love when those came on, now due to circumstances of today, jsouth, not so much.
Bam
Kapow

I've learned to enjoy the regular season.

For as dominant as the program has been in the reg season for the past 3 years, it has still been about the worst 3 years to be a fan. Constant threats to the very foundations of the program, insanely bad publicity/image, the constant feeling of a guillotine hanging by a thread just above our collective heads, conference change, player suspensions and injuries followed by 3 flame-outs in the tournament. Hell, they haven't even reached a BET final in this span - something that lesser Syracuse teams have done 14 times... ugh

th
th
th
th
th
I've been entertained by these orange teams, thusly I am satisfied. Granted getting another NC sounds great. Just ask yourself this:

For as dominant as the program has been in the reg season for the past 3 years, it has still been about the worst 3 years to be a fan. Constant threats to the very foundations of the program, insanely bad publicity/image, the constant feeling of a guillotine hanging by a thread just above our collective heads, conference change, player suspensions and injuries followed by 3 flame-outs in the tournament. Hell, they haven't even reached a BET final in this span - something that lesser Syracuse teams have done 14 times... ugh

One minor quibble. IMO losing to the #2 seed in the elite 8 w/o your starting center in one of the most atrociously officiated games I've ever seen doesn't constitute a flame-out.

Wouldn't the Coleman injury qualify as a lucky break? How can more time for Keita and Grant be considered a bad thing? My guess is Coleman doesn't start another game this season, and he may not play much at all when he returns (JB will want to wait until he's back in game shape).

Maybe we're cursed if Southerland doesn't come back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom