Did you know | Syracusefan.com

Did you know

Sure that's not winning seasons? We've seasons of 19 and 16 wins mixed into the last four decades.

I think SU had a 19 win season only a few years ago.

I did not know that...

images

Even including postseason wins, SU had a 19 win season I am pretty sure.

maybe it counts nit/tourny wins. BET?

"Seasons" as in whole season -- all games played, of course.

wiki says 40 consecutive winning seasons say Jimmy B has 32 20+ win seasons

vvvv This

16-13 in 1981-82.

19-13 in 1996-97.

41 straight winning seasons going back to 1971-72.

JB has 34 20-win seasons (out of 36).

My bad. 41 straight winning seasons. I fixed it.

BTW am I the only one unimpressed with a 20 win season? The number of games played has dilluted this to the point that a BCS conference team can win 20 and still get left out of the dance.

BTW am I the only one unimpressed with a 20 win season? The number of games played has dilluted this to the point that a BCS conference team can win 20 and still get left out of the dance.
Yes, nowadays twenty win seasons don't mean much. Ten years ago, twenty wins were pretty much a lock for the Dance, so it meant a lot more.

30 win season, now those are damn impressive!

25 win seasons are impressive to me. Particularly for a team in a power conference such as the BE, B1G and Big 12.

Amazing record but not suprising since we play "cupcakes" in Nov/Dec & never leave the NY Metro Area (translate eastern seaboard) until mid-season;)

SU holds the NCAA record with 41 consecutive winning seasons?
SU has the longest current streak of consecutive winning seasons at 41, but I think Kentucky holds the record for longest streak all-time at 60-something. I'm hoping we eventually break the all-time record but at least until we have a losing season no one can have a longer current streak of winning seasons than SU.

SU has the longest current streak of consecutive winning seasons at 41, but I think Kentucky holds the record for longest streak all-time at 60-something. I'm hoping we eventually break the all-time record but at least until we have a losing season no one can have a longer current streak of winning seasons than SU.
I was wrong. Kentucky has the most consecutive non-losing seasons with 60 but UCLA has the record for consecutive winning seasons at 54. We can break that in 14 years.

I am so old I remember the last time we didn't have a winning season. We'd had losers in 1967-68 and 1968-69 so it was exciting when we got off to a 6-0 start the next year. We had three big-time scorers, Bill Smith, Bob McDaniel and Ernie Austin. In one game they had 23, 29 and 36 points, respectively, but we lost to LasSalle, 101-108. And that was the problem. The team played no defense. Against Pittsburgh we scored 71 points in a half vs. a team that had been averaging 65 points a game and lost 108-127. The team scored 86 points per game. But they also gave up 86 points per game. They finished, appropriately, 12-12.

My bad. 41 straight winning seasons. I fixed it.
but . . .but . . but they can't get by Sweet 16. or . or .. or..that's because they play nothing but patseys and never ever leave NYS or at least the USA. but

you get mey drift. some/most will find fault. Never mind its a great accomplishment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom