Didn't follow along in the game thread | Syracusefan.com

Didn't follow along in the game thread

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder
Or in the chat room, but did anyone mention the fact we pressured the ball at the end of the first half to force them to get the clock started? I thought that was very interesting given SWC75 's question recently.

I noticed it in the second half, and Joseph (who was doing the pressuring) was completely blown past by his man as soon as he picked up the rock, just like the ole ball coach said would happen.

I noticed that and I noticed that they blew right by Joseph every time when he moved up to pressure. JB may be on to something. It's hard to move forward to pressure and then immediately go backwards when the ball handler attacks.

I noticed it in the second half, and Joseph (who was doing the pressuring) was completely blown past by his man as soon as he picked up the rock, just like the ole ball coach said would happen.

Great minds...

I noticed that and I noticed that they blew right by Joseph every time when he moved up to pressure. JB may be on to something. It's hard to move forward to pressure and then immediately go backwards when the ball handler attacks.

But as we all have said, the reality is as we don't play man to man, it's not like it's his actual man. But I think that was toward the end of the game, and I was talking about the end of the first half. No one went by.

But as we all have said, the reality is as we don't play man to man, it's not like it's his actual man. But I think that was toward the end of the game, and I was talking about the end of the first half. No one went by.

LOL, come on though. So it's "not his man" then think of it like this: it is 20% of our defense that is 40 feet from where it should be. While at the same time having the bonus benefit of leaving the barn door wide open so that our golden treasure Rock Xmas has to either use a foul on a 5'10" guy or allow a layup...

LOL, come on though. So it's "not his man" then think of it like this: it is 20% of our defense that is 40 feet from where it should be. While at the same time having the bonus benefit of leaving the barn door wide open so that our golden treasure Rock Xmas has to either use a foul on a 5'10" guy or allow a layup...

So you believe a guy will go 90 feet down the floor and the first guy he comes up to is Christmas?

I'm not even talking about actual pressure here boys. Just some token threat of it so that the guy goes and picks up the ball. Which we rarely show. Especially when all 100% (I like stats too) sit back behind the three point line while the ball rolls slowly over the half court line allowing them an extra 3-4 seconds on offense.

Here's another thing about rolling the ball. I know that it drives us nuts when we're up and we see all that time go by without the clock ticking, but often the other alternative is for the inbounding team to make a crisp pass to a player who isn't that far from where he would have picked up the rolling ball. So the clock starts ticking with the ball handler in almost exactly the same position. Maybe some token pressure might slow the ball handler down a little but I don't think that it's by much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom