Didn't really seem like it but...Mike G's stat line | Syracusefan.com

Didn't really seem like it but...Mike G's stat line

He was clearly the best rebounder on the team tonight.
Yeah, he was as active as I've seen him on the glass.

The point total is misleading, though. He scored 8 of our first 10 points and then...kinda vanished on offense. But he did enough other things to make up for it.

First half he looked great, second half a non factor. Curious to see the numbers by the half.

Yeah, he was as active as I've seen him on the glass.

The point total is misleading, though. He scored 8 of our first 10 points and then...kinda vanished on offense. But he did enough other things to make up for it.

True but his 6 points the rest of the way was still enough to outscore everyone not named Cooney or Christmas combined for the whole game. Yikes.

Excellent defensive rebounding by Gbinije. This has been a positive development, totally unexpected going into the year, that's won us a couple games already.

Really? I wouldn't go that far...Rak gets my nod...

The real issues are that CMAC or TR should ALWAYS be our best rebounders AND that we got absolutely obliterated by GTECH on our defensive glass (19 offensive rebounds or more by GTECH is unsat!)

Silent G has looked good the past few games. The issue I have with him as that offensively he seems to dissappear for long stretches and then when he gets good or even wide open looks (ones he buried in the first half of games) he missed terribly. He had a couple jumpers in the second half last game that were no where close. Would like for him to stay agressive and also to keep shooting it from deep, hes been very good from 3 the past couple weeks.

Silent G has looked good the past few games. The issue I have with him as that offensively he seems to dissappear for long stretches and then when he gets good or even wide open looks (ones he buried in the first half of games) he missed terribly. He had a couple jumpers in the second half last game that were no where close. Would like for him to stay agressive and also to keep shooting it from deep, hes been very good from 3 the past couple weeks.

In the presser, JB's comment to this effect was something like, "I don't know. Maybe he felt like he got his quota."

Anyway, I agree. He needs to stay aggressive and focused for the whole game and not disappear for long stretches.

Anyone see other GT games? Are they really a good rebounding team because that was concerning.

G was definitely a man on the boards and has been really impressive overall lately.

Anyone see other GT games? Are they really a good rebounding team because that was concerning.

G was definitely a man on the boards and has been really impressive overall lately.
They're one of the better rebounding teams in the country, and an elite offensive rebounding team - it's how they came within a whisker of beating @ Notre Dame

Other than his late game step-back 19 ft jumper, he was excellent. He's much improved this year. Looks really explosive going to the rim, and when he shoots a 3, I always think it's going in.

Really? I wouldn't go that far...Rak gets my nod...

The real issues are that CMAC or TR should ALWAYS be our best rebounders AND that we got absolutely obliterated by GTECH on our defensive glass (19 offensive rebounds or more by GTECH is unsat!)

Yeah but howmany went to techs big wide man. Nobody put a body on him to box him out on the offensive boards. He had atleast 6 of there offensive boards in just 3 sequences.

Yeah but howmany went to techs big wide man. Nobody put a body on him to box him out on the offensive boards. He had atleast 6 of there offensive boards in just 3 sequences.

I concur. It was a crummy effort on our part.

Yeah, felt like he had a pretty solid outing. I didn't think he scored that much, but I missed the first few minutes. Although I think when I turned it on it was only 6-3 anyway...

He's still a little up and down, but has been up more often of late - so I'll take that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom