Die Pittsburgh | Syracusefan.com

Die Pittsburgh

HoustonCuse

2020-21 Iggy Winner Lead Scorer & Post Season Rcd
As you all know, I have a really hard time with Pitt. Thousand suns type of hatred.

As a mental and physical health countermeasure, I never ever watch Pitt games live anymore. I will check the score and if we won, I will watch it. If not, I will simply pretend the game never happened.

So yesterday I watched the Pitt game and have a few comments:
1. First and foremost: DIE PITT. So awesome to get a win.

2. What is it about Pitt that brings the absolute worst out in our team? We've brought dozens of different players to Pitt games over the past 15 years and all seem to play their worst games, the team as whole just looks awful against Pitt. Even with a horrible team and new coach, we still look hideous against them. Maybe Sidibe is going to change this trend?

3. This is only the third time we have won at their "new place." We won in like 2004 and then since then were 1 and 10 in their building. The 1 being on a last second half court shot when were the #1 ranked team. So this years team has notched a pretty historic feat. I don't care how bad Pitt is, this was a win that only one other Syracuse team has been able to get in the last 10 years.

4. I want to point out, that for all the times some scrub comes off the bench to torch us, for all the one-time Jimmy Chitwoods that show up against Syracuse, we finally got one of our own. Sidibe's numbers in that game are epic. They'd be awesome in a normal game. But when we only score 60 points, and it is against Pitt, and on the road, that was truly an all time great performance. We absolutely lose that game without his monster performance. It feels really good to have a black swan type performance in our favor for once.

5. In the vein of late game strategy, I was fascinated in watching the game how it went down at the end. Remember, I already knew we won and already knew the final score. In a game where Pitt managed 55 points in the entire duration and just 1 point per minute in the first half, I was shocked to know that with something like 29 seconds left - they had 46 points. And we had 55. So I'm watching this knowing we have a 7 or 9 point lead (going off memory on the details), which in a game like that is seemingly insurmountable, and yet they are going to somehow score 9 points in the remaining 30 seconds and that at that moment in time, with the 7 or 9 point lead - we did not have enough points to win the game. Totally shocking for a game in which Paul Harris is not on the court for us.

6. Even knowing we won, the game was horrific to watch. I can't help but think there is some serious double facepalm action at ACC HQ when they watch these two teams play a conference game. It is just another reason I hate Pittsburgh. They even suck the joy out of beating them because we look so damn bad against them.

They had a legion of hateable players in the Dixon era that still haunt my memories

such names as Ontario lett, Chevy troutman, Karl Krauser, Dejuan Blair , not to mention their offensive game plan which was nothing more then having a big set a 94 foot moving screen and then chucking the ball at the rim and thugging their way to offensive boards

Of course this worked in the big east because the refs allowed it , less so in the ACC .. and , as expected , NEVER in the NCAA tournament where refs actually called fouls on felonious assault

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom