Dieng has a broken wrist | Syracusefan.com

Dieng has a broken wrist

I thought they said sprain? Link? Oh well, if true he probably won't be back till Jan 19th.

Isn't that what happened to Mookie Watkins? I was at the game when he hurt his wrist. He was on the verge of a breakout season when the injury occurred. He had some nice moves before it happened, including a pro-like turnaround jumper from the wing. When he came back later that season, he looked less aggressive on offense and seemed to have regressed. Dieng is a shot blocker and dunker. This might limit his aggressiveness around the rim with that hand.

for all the injury problem we had in the previous years, we never had the starting QB and center both break the same bone on the same day.

I mean, really, they both fracture their left hand scaphoid bone? That is crazy.

Shitty for them.

i've had two broken wrists and the thing about wrist injuries is that they aint all created equal. if its one of the bigger bones to the side of the wrist, he might feel pretty good in a month or so. if it is a little bone inside the wrist, it can be tougher like 6-8 weeks. on top of that is rebuilding the strength in the joint and in the hand. i would say he's 100% by the end of january.

their board is comparing this to Marshall's injury last year when he was at UNC

If it's a scaphoid fracture it may prove more troublesome than fractures of other bones. The scaphoid is notoriously slow to heal as it receives limited blood flow and IIRC is prone to instability. He may need to have pins put in for an extended period.

Isn't that what happened to Mookie Watkins? I was at the game when he hurt his wrist. He was on the verge of a breakout season when the injury occurred. He had some nice moves before it happened, including a pro-like turnaround jumper from the wing. When he came back later that season, he looked less aggressive on offense and seemed to have regressed. Dieng is a shot blocker and dunker. This might limit his aggressiveness around the rim with that hand.

Mookie should have gotten a medical redshirt that season (if it was possible) and then played one more year at SU. He would have been huge that last season, because he really did seem to start getting it much more at the end of his career.

Thumb, I think. He tore some ligaments in maybe the Hofstra game? Just after Christmas in 2004. Mookie had been playing very good basketball; he looked likely to cut into Forth's minutes and become a force for us as conference play got underway. That set him back quite a bit. Really hurt the team.

Too bad for Dieng; don't like to see guys get hurt. That Harrell played pretty well, though he struggled to get back on defense because he spent so much time woofing and freaking out after each made shot.

If it's a scaphoid fracture it may prove more troublesome than fractures of other bones. The scaphoid is notoriously slow to heal as it receives limited blood flow and IIRC is prone to instability. He may need to have pins put in for an extended period.

Which is why I am stunned their QB will be playing with a broken aphrodisiac scaphoid (fu autocorrect) Thursday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom